Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

06D Merc hogging overtaking land on M7/N7

• 05-10-2014 10:01am

Anyone else get caught behind this moron yesterday evening? About 5.30 to 6pm, from Kildare to Newlands Cross, this ass**le sat hunched over his steering wheel, doing below or at times just on the 120 limit (100 on N7). Wouldn't move for anything! Got alongside him at Green Isle Hotel, (We were in the correct lane for M50 North) so know exactly what Mr Angry looks like. At Newlands Cross he realised (at last) that he was in the wrong lane for M50 South and cut across one lane and continued on his merry way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

vroom to motoring for a rant against merc drivers

http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Mandzhalas

Anyone else get caught behind this moron yesterday evening? About 5.30 to 6pm, from Kildare to Newlands Cross, this ass**le sat hunched over his steering wheel, doing below or at times just on the 120 limit (100 on N7). Wouldn't move for anything! Got alongside him at Green Isle Hotel, (We were in the correct lane for M50 North) so know exactly what Mr Angry looks like. At Newlands Cross he realised (at last) that he was in the wrong lane for M50 South and cut across one lane and continued on his merry way.

Speed limit on motorway is 120. By going any faster you are breaking the law

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

I've found C reg cars bad for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,307 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

jellyboy wrote: »
    vroom to motoring for a rant against merc drivers

http://http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=47

Or head to the ranting and raving forum for some cathartic release

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1193

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Dam I dident see it as I wasent in the country...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭frankyboy1986

what was he having for lunch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭Dr Turk Turkelton

Mandzhalas wrote: »

But, but he was in the fast lane...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

N7 is 100km on half of that road. Still stupid people who down want to get stuck in the 'slow lane' see it daily on Irish roads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Who cares ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

Turtyturd wrote: »
    I've found C reg cars bad for this.

For me it's the Opel Insignia drivers. Don't know what it is, but I've seen some very bad driving habits by Opel Insignia drivers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Driving in the overtaking lane is also not allowed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,666 ✭✭✭✭ted1

smcgiff wrote: »
    For me it's the Opel Insignia drivers. Don't know what it is, but I've seen some very bad driving habits by Opel Insignia drivers.

Rentals.

Yes, but he was doing between 100 and 120, an average of 110. People were passing on the inside and he still sat there. As I said, it's an OVERTAKING lane. He wasn't breaking the speed limit, but he was driving dangerously, by not allowing others overtake. On the N7 he was varying from 85 to 100. Slowing down and speeding up at times. Seemed to be doing it on purpose. Had a grim look on his face as if to say "I'm NOT moving from this lane for anyone" Until he almost caused a crash at Newlands Cross when he realised he was in the wrong lane for M50 South.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

ted1 wrote: »
    Rentals.

Or company cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Yes, but he was doing between 100 and 120, an average of 110. People were passing on the inside and he still sat there. As I said, it's an OVERTAKING lane. He wasn't breaking the speed limit, but he was driving dangerously, by not allowing others overtake. On the N7 he was varying from 85 to 100. Slowing down and speeding up at times. Seemed to be doing it on purpose. Had a grim look on his face as if to say "I'm NOT moving from this lane for anyone" Until he almost caused a crash at Newlands Cross when he realised he was in the wrong lane for M50 South.

Overtake him on the inside lane, open the driver window as you are doing so, then give him the one fingered salute as you pass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Whilst it can be a bit annoying at the time, is it really something that you should be getting your blood pressure up about more than half a day later? Stupid things happen every day, and they'll keep happening until the public are banned from using roads. C'est la vie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Better suited to the Motors forum. Please read their charter before posting or starting a thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement