If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Naim muso

Options
  • 05-10-2014 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭

Hello, I see the Muso listed on your .com site as arriving later this month. Assuming you will have it for sale here too, could you give me a euro price including delivery? Many thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Darwin wrote: »
    Hello, I see the Muso listed on your .com site as arriving later this month. Assuming you will have it for sale here too, could you give me a euro price including delivery? Many thanks.
    Hi Darwin.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes we should be able to get the Muso when it comes out later this month. I would say its going to sound fantastic going on Naim's reputation within the industry.

Price in Euros would be 1179.20 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/naim/mu-so/naim-mu-so

If you are interested in going for one let me know and I can put your name down.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi Darwin.

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Yes we should be able to get the Muso when it comes out later this month. I would say its going to sound fantastic going on Naim's reputation within the industry.

Price in Euros would be 1179.20 Euro (Inc Delivery)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/naim/mu-so/naim-mu-so

If you are interested in going for one let me know and I can put your name down.
    Slightly cheaper actually - It will be €1144.99..

Keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Thanks for the follow up - Kenny sent you a PM.

Thanks for the follow up - Kenny sent you a PM.
    Thanks.

Hi again, Naim were claiming most retailers would have stock of the Muso today, just wondering if there is any ETA yet?

• Advertisement

Hi again, Naim were claiming most retailers would have stock of the Muso today, just wondering if there is any ETA yet?
    Hi Darwin.

I'll have a check with our warehouse and revert back ASAP.

Ok thanks Kenny.

Ok thanks Kenny.
    Hey Darwin.

They have now hit our main warehouse.

I have got one held there for you. It will be one of the first in Ireland.

Tried to give you a call but no answer. 

When would suit to give you a call and we can get the order completed for you.

oooooooooooooo I cant wait to get a blast of one of these.........:D

ATVB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Me too John :-) Kenny, sorry I missed your call, I have rang the shop just now and left my payment details. Taking a punt on this as I have not heard one yet, hopefully it will be worth it!

• Advertisement

Me too John :-) Kenny, sorry I missed your call, I have rang the shop just now and left my payment details. Taking a punt on this as I have not heard one yet, hopefully it will be worth it!
    Hey Darwin.

Got your details. Thank you very much

I would say that it is going to sound fantastic!!! I cant see Naim putting out something that was not.

I'll check on what day it will be with you and drop you a PM.

Brilliant! thanks, looking forward to giving it a blast.

Brilliant! thanks, looking forward to giving it a blast.
    Hi Darwin.

Just to let you know the unit has been picked and left our main Manchester warehouse.
    The Mu-So should be delivered to you on Monday, Tuesday at the very latest.
    The courier should give you a call prior to delivery.

We have to wait until Friday 24th to get ours for store Demo :(

Any questions please give me a shout.

Thanks for the update Kenny, top service! Will let you know how I get on with it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

HI Darwin, as per our call earlier, we are re-directing this to work.

Keep us posted and we'd love a 1st users review on this if you get the time !

Cheers

Dave

Cheers

Dave
    Thanks for the call Dave, will definitely post a mini review.

Cheers

Dave
    Thanks for the call Dave, will definitely post a mini review.
    Hi Darwin.

Glad you got the unit! 

Once you have had a listen over the next few days please do let us know how it performs. We are busting to get one in for the store to get it up and running.

Hey guys, so here is my mini review of the Muso. Please go easy as I'm no audiophile...
    Starting with the obligatory unboxing pic:

pic1.jpg

This thing is heavy, but I guess that's reassuring in the world of speakers.

It comes very well packed with shrinkwrap covering the most of the unit. Here it is with
    the shrinkwrap removed and the contents of the box:

pic2.jpg

There is an unusual curve running through the speaker grille. The build quality is just incredible, and the large metal
    volume wheel on top is a delight to use.

Setup and initial impressions

The online manual is more comprehensive than the quick start guide, so I started there.
    My setup is a little unusual in that I use airplay streaming from a Windows 8 tablet with an App
    called Airfoil (I can stream audio from any application this way).
    Most people will probably use an iPod/iPad and do the setup using the Muso app.
    In my case, I had to setup the muso with a wireless connection. It broadcasts it's own network (which you connect to)
    and from there I configured my home network settings (SSID and key) and then rebooted the Muso.

I started Airfoil and connected successfully to the speaker as an airplay device. I fired up Spotify, played a tune
    and....nothing. I then plugged in my iPod to the Muso to see if it was the speaker or the network and to my relief the
    Muso came to life. The sound is just incredible. I put on the new Maroon 5 album (feel free to slag my taste in music)
    and wow, the rumbling from the bass is just unreal. To put it in context, I also have an Audyssey South of Market dock
    which I thought was the last word in powerful sound, but this puts it completely in the shade. The bass does not overwhelm the mids or highs either, the sound is absolutely crystal clear.  Back to my network problem, I tried again and it suddenly worked so happy days!

The last step was to download the Muso app from the google play store and it found the Muso first time. From here
    you can listen to Internet Radio stations or configure many aspects of the Muso including lighting, audio and firmware updates.

Is it worth the asking price? It's a lot of moola, but I would say a resounding yes.

One more pic:
    pic3.jpg

PS Apologies as the pics got truncated here

As ever top service from you guys and I'll be back!

Darwin,

thanks a million for the review - ours is coming in on Friday and I'm dying to get my grubby paws on one over the Bank Holiday weekend!

Thanks again for the review and the business - its much appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.