Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Too Old for Shorts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,943 ✭✭✭smcgiff

anewme wrote: »
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Voodoo-Vixen-Shorts-FIFTIES-leopard/dp/B00AGHO1ZC

How old is too old to wear these shorts? Would be wearing them with opaque tights and a black top?

How old is Bet Lynch?

I can't imagine anyone, regardless of age, looking good in those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I think shorts and tights look ridiculous. I know it was all in fashion last year but I never thought it was a good look.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I suppose what looks good to one person might not look good to another and it's all about individual choices.

Laughing at the Bet Lynch comparison.

I actually like them but yeah they are a bit young for me I think.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Stench Blossoms

I don't think anyone over the age of 25 should be wearing shorts and tights. Terrible look IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭Tasden

I like them! :)

I wouldn't wear opaque tights though, and I'd probably wear grey or charcoal jumper or top and cardigan.

Who cares if you're "too old"! Its just clothes, have fun and enjoy your style, once its not in work it doesn't matter as long as you like it, why avoid something you like just because others might not like it, i wear "ugly" stuff all the time and yeah some people might hate it but some love it, only matters that i like it though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I love shorts and tights on some people but they have to be nicely tailored shorts. ( can't stand denim cutoffs)

Think you have to be careful if over 30.. but depends on the person

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

If you have good figure and excellent sense of style and feel for patterns (not good but excellent) you can pull off something like that inyour thirties. If you don't, then 17 is too old. I wrote 'something like that' because I can see how uneven stitching is on these particular shorts on my phone so I would steer well clear of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Greenduck

Theres absolutely nothing wrong with shorts and tights. In fact it can look really smart if worn correctly. Not sure really why its considered not suitable for over 25's ??

OP if you like them, get them. There are too many do's and dont's in the world and if you feel you can rock them, go for it!

It might be worth dressing them down with maybe a black top, tights and blazer and some nice gold jewellery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭anewme

Thanks for all the opinions!

Just on the comments about being careful over 30 wearing stuff like that, for the record I won't see 40 again either! So got to be careful, mutton and lamb and all that.

Am veering toward a no, so!

That said, I've worked my ass off to get in shape, am the best shape of my life and have really good legs, even if I do say so myself. If J LO can wear them, LOL:D

Anyway thanks for all the feedback, interesting to get different peoples opinion on it.

Regarding people wearing different stuff, I am of the opinion that once I like them who cares about anyone else, but the fact I am faltering on this one means I really am not sure. Part of me is saying wear it and wear it well - there may come a day when I'm not able to wear them.

I love the poem - when I am an old woman I shall wear purple......well I think I will start wearing purple (with a dodgy red hat) now and not wait till I am old.

Thanks again.

Advertisement