Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Absolutely livid at eircoms incompetence yet again.

Options
  • 05-10-2014 1:04pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I spoke to online support Friday to try and get my efibre profile increased from a steady 70/20 to closer to 100mb as my stats are excellent and im meters from the cabinet.
    Ive rang support about this over the last few months ive posted on this forum,ive spoken via online chat support and each time i was told a prequal needs to be done, i wait patientlty for close to 3 months.
    After reading here on the bb forum of boards about customers who rang to get profile increased and getting the job done.
     I decide to get in touch with live chat support on Friday - BIG MISTAKE as the guy took it upon himself to drop me down to 50/20

My stats and speedtests state all along since ive been on 70/20 since i got efibre a few months back and that speed has been absolutely rock solid since day one so id like to know why im knocked back to 50/20?

The guy i spoke to said his prequal had me at 50/20 yet ive been getting 70/20 for months both in speeds tests and stated in the efibre router page stats. 
    That in iteself is down to eircoms incompetence,now all of a sudden because their system has not been updated the foolish rep decides to put me down to 50/20

I get in contact to get my speeds increased yet the total opposite happens.

People in the area on other cabinets are getting 100 mb,ive waited months for my cabinet to reflect same and it hasnt been done ,to add insult i now get dropped down from 70/20 to 50/20 instead of closer to what my line stats suggest.

Now this is totally unacceptable and i demand this be rectified immediately or i will simply cancel everything at my bank.
    Ive had a string of issues with eircom over the years and now this, im in no mood for this right now especially since vodafone say they can put me on 100mb profile come first thing Monday morning.
    I dont wish to get nasty about this but ive simply had enough of eircoms incompetence, if this is not addressed ASAP as i say i will stop payments at bank level and eircom wont get another cent from me for either my efibre broadband or my emobile service.

This particular task of switching me back to my 70/20 profile should be sorted in a matter of minutes and i expect it to be come Monday morning otherwise i will be cancelling everything.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Can someone look into this please,its nothing short of a shambles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Dcully wrote: »
    Can someone look into this please,its nothing short of a shambles.
    Hi Dcully

I have requested managers in technical support to look in to this and as soon as I have more information I will let you know straight away.

Thanks
    Al

Much appreciated Alan thanks

Much appreciated Alan thanks
    I've asked them to get back to me ASAP & as soon as they do you'll be the first to know

Al

Fair play, just fyi i dont have landline anymore so do you need my account number?

• Advertisement

Fair play, just fyi i dont have landline anymore so do you need my account number?
    Not to worry, by using info you previously supplied I managed to locate your efibre account.

Al

Just to update on this,net went down for about 1 min earlier and came back to my 70/20 profile.
    Two mins later a very nice eircom engineer rang me to inform me of what just happened.
    For once this was excellent service.
    I can only assume this was down to eircom:Alan ,if so Alan fair play and thanks a lot, its not the first time you have got things sorted for me.
    This issue seems to be have been more of an unfortunate error by the online chat rep than anything else.
    Technically i cannot fault eircom since i got efibre, it has been a rock solid 70/20 connection since i got it 3 months ago.

Just to update on this,net went down for about 1 min earlier and came back to my 70/20 profile.
    Two mins later a very nice eircom engineer rang me to inform me of what just happened.
    For once this was excellent service.
    I can only assume this was down to eircom:Alan ,if so Alan fair play and thanks a lot, its not the first time you have got things sorted for me.
    This issue seems to be have been more of an unfortunate error by the online chat rep than anything else.
    Technically i cannot fault eircom since i got efibre, it has been a rock solid 70/20 connection since i got it 3 months ago.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks Dcully

I can fully understand any disappointment or frustration when a call to technical support to increase speeds results in lowered speeds. I had escalated this to managers in technical support to treat with urgency. I'm glad to see the 70/20 is back however I have been again advised and increase to 100MB is not available.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement