Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for backpack advice.

• 05-10-2014 2:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hi,having just returned to uni as a mature student I need a backpack for books, laptop, lunch, spare jumper etc.
    The backpack I've used the past fortnight is too small, its really only holds a laptop, and it hurts my back & shoulders after a long day. I have a 20 mile commute with an hour walk then a train.
    Ive seen fashion backpacks I like for 60e, but I know it wouldn't be practical.
    I am interested in getting involved with hiking/ orienteering while at uni.
    Ideally id like a backpack with good back support. I like the Surge 2 with the Joey charger, but is it worth the cash?
    Any recommendations please? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,636 ✭✭✭✭fits

Go into great outdoors and get their advice. You might need one with a frame and a hip strap. Design has moved on the last few years so they will be able to advise. I have a berghaus 35 litre which I use for hiking and very happy with it. OH has deuter. Not cheap, but you need to pay for good things and advice anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Thanks for that, I'm 20 mins away from a 53°North shop so picked out a Columbia Treadlite bag, with student discount of 10% t wasn't that much dearer that the fashion bag.
    Its 22ltr and has good back support, amazed at the amount I can fit in, plus lots of handy pockets n compartments. Glad I went in and tried on rather than buying online.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 canada1

tip for you, look at the way you pack your backpack. keeping the heavy stuff close to the back makes for easier carrying

Advertisement