Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Internal bi fold doors

Options
  • 05-10-2014 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

ShuttersBiFold_large.jpg
    Just looking for a wee bit of help. I'm looking to get an internal folding door similar to the above, everywhere online that I've found images are all American sites. Does anyone know of anywhere in Ireland pref Dublin that would supply something similar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭the goon

Hi Hannibal. Just wondering if you managed to find anything? I am hoping to do something similar myself so that we can open up one room onto another.

Any help greatfully appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

the goon wrote: »
    Hi Hannibal. Just wondering if you managed to find anything? I am hoping to do something similar myself so that we can open up one room onto another.

Any help greatfully appreciated

No, I found a couple of joinery companies quoting around €2500 which is way over what I'm willing to spend. I also looked at them shutter blinds which work out about €1000, they're probably too bulky and not suitable for a room divider.

Wardrobe doors are another option but they're a set size and not easily modified.

I was watching Eastenders recently and copped them in Phil Mitchells house so they're available somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭the goon

Cheers. I can't understand it, especially the way modern home design has gone, that folding doors, partitions are not more common and affordable. Out of interest, could you tell me who is doing the shutter blinds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Hannibal

the goon wrote: »
    Cheers. I can't understand it, especially the way modern home design has gone, that folding doors, partitions are not more common and affordable. Out of interest, could you tell me who is doing the shutter blinds?

Apollo blinds on Capel St and Acme blinds on North Strand are the two I was in.

Yeah the folding doors interest me because they can be folded mostly out of the way when opened. The louver style to me is nicer than a standard timber door and nicer than glass panels.

If I stumble across anything I'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

Richard Burbige do a range of lourve doors, there should be stockists of there products around the country, and plenty of Coburn or Henderson bi fold door gear available online, don't know if readymade doors would be strong enough or would need reinforcing,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

If you can find regular wardrobe louver doors they can simply be linked together - for a few hundred (not thousands) of euros. They can be trimmed a little on the top/ bottom and sides to fit but begin to look a bit skinny.
    One thing I've learned with louvres is to spray finish them - painting by hand is a tedious operation with drips and runs everywhere.
    If you have a well equipped workshop of course you can make your own. www.rockler.com sell a louver router bit for making the oval slats.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭peter bermingham

Their only 4 louved doors hinged on opposite sides and a track on the top held at the end and center and front. Jesus any good chippy would put that together in a few hours. All you need is the track and 20 hinges.

Advertisement