Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Btea

Options
  • 05-10-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi I'm currently on carers allowance for 2 of my kids with chronic health condition. I'm desperate to return to education. If I got the btea could my husband qualify for carers benefit he is currently working full time.
    Thanks for any help on what our entitlements would be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

I think for the Carers payment you can only work for a max of 15 hours per week and Carers Benefit is only paid for 104 weeks before you would need to go on Carers Allowance which is means tested. But check with citizens information for the full details.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Bnkcz

Thanks for the reply, my husband would be taking carers leave from work to be the full time carer. I think you can get carers benefit for 2 years for every person your caring for. Will look into it again.
    I wasn't sure if we could both get payments ??
    Thanks

Advertisement