Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paying advance

Options
  • 05-10-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I find a room for my stay in Dublin and the problem is that I need to pay advance monthly rent + deposit over moneygram. I don't feel like doing that because I don't know that girl and maybe it's a scam. The girl contact me through ie.easyroommate.com. I told her that I will pay in person when I arrive to Dublin but she said that she will mail me contract and then I need to pay to her mother's bank account. Does anybody had similiar experience??

Tnx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

It's a scam. Don't do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,574 ✭✭✭dubrov

payment by Moneygram is definitely a scam. No way to trace it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

dubrov wrote: »
    payment by Moneygram is definitely a scam. No way to trace it

Paying it into a bank account not in her name is a scam, too. Take money, close account, job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Quite a popular scam. If using Chrome, right-click the photo of the apartment, and do a Google search. Most often you'll find the real site where it was copied from, and more often than not it'll be a completely different apartment.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 delboy87

I thought so too. Well back searching :). Tnx to all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

Definitely a scam. You will find it hard to find something without being here to look in person - I would suggest booking a hostel or B&B until you are able to inspect places in person and meet your landlord face to face.

Advertisement