Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phil & Teds query

Options
  • 05-10-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So I've bought a Phil & Teds Navigator 2 buggy, mainly for the reason if we have another baby, it'll be a good investment. I'm a little unsure about the newborn position though. I know you can get the carrycot top for it but that can only be used for about 3 months and seems a bit of a waste of money. Has anyone used the lie flat newborn position and if so how did you find it? I just get the impression that the baby won't be comfortable in it! Any views or experience (good and bad) would be great. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

We have the old sport version which we bought 2nd hand and it came with the carrycot. I couldn't imagine not using it for a newborn as the actual buggy (well our one anyway) isn't very padded. Granted you only use it for 8-10 weeks.

Would a carry cot from the older versions fit yours? I'm sure you could pick one up 2nd hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭bovril

I bought the P&T Navigator for the same reason as you did. Baby isn't here yet but I bought the cocoon to use in the lie flat buggy for the baby to lie in. Like you I didn't want to waste money on the carry cot as it has a limited life with a growing baby. The carry cot can not be used in any of the setups for new baby + toddler. The cocoon on the other hand can be used in the lie flats buggy with the 2nd seat attached for the baby + toddler setup. The cocoon lifts out like a carry cot and a friend of mine used it for short naps during the day for her new baby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I used the buggy lying flat with cocoon for up to 6 months. It was so handy for me and cosy for baby. I could get her all ready and into cocoon an hour before a walk if I wanted and then when she fell aslleep in buggy, just carry inside in the cocoon. After that I tilted the buggy slightly and used no cocoon and was very happy with it.

Advertisement