Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McCann Troll found dead.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Reiver wrote: »
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/internet-troll-who-targeted-mccanns-found-dead-in-hotel-room-30639852.html

Proper mental, this woman was exposed earlier in the week for trolling the McCann family over Maddie. She fled her home and she's been found dead in a hotel room.

Reckon the family had anything to do with it?

If I knew the family had anything to do with it that would incriminate me too, so I'm saying nothing. That Gerry, though, shifty looked fcuker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

Well considering they killed their daughter, hid her body and started a worldwide manhunt to find her as a cover exercise, then yep, they could well be responsible :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

It was Gerry in the kitchen with the candlestick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/internet-troll-who-targeted-mccanns-found-dead-in-hotel-room-30639852.html

Proper mental, this woman was exposed earlier in the week for trolling the McCann family over Maddie. She fled her home and she's been found dead in a hotel room.

Why would the family have anything to do with it?

She was a horrible troll and i have no sympathy for her, saying that i do feel sky news (i believe it was them who outed her) should be held responsible for showing her face and naming her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

Aaaahggh internet troll, murder conspiracy! !!!!!!! !! !!! !

(More likely - mentally ill woman committed suicide. But that sells fewer papers.)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭Mint Aero

RIP

Saw that on sky news when it was aired earlier this week whilst I was having me porridge. Thought, t'was odd that they exposed her like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Probably some Portuguese bloke.

I sense a new book for the McCanns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Wow. Thought Sky News were bang out of order with the way they handled things.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,443 ✭✭✭Riddle101

What sort of trolling did she do exactly? Was it like "Haha your daughter is dead" type of trolling? or was it "You killed your daughter and covered it up" type of trolling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Next time you tell a troll to '**** off and die', think about the consequences.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

Riddle101 wrote: »
    What sort of trolling did she do exactly? Was it like "Haha your daughter is dead" type of trolling? or was it "You killed your daughter and covered it up" type of trolling?

The latter I believe. While what she may have been doing was considered harassment of the McCann's, the woman may have had "issues" and exposing her identity live on Sky News is not the way to handle these things, especially given that the police were already dealing with these individuals, or at least about to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,123 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Yeah they did, they sent a sniper after her:pac. Vile old hag

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Wow. I watched her reaction when Sky News reporter Martin Brunt approached her on Thursday and she was quite taken aback.

I genuinely don't think she was aware, (like millions of others) of the consequences of what she was doing on Twitter.

She claimed to be 'entitled to her opinion' but didn't seem to regard that opinion as libelous once it was published on Twitter and elsewhere.

It looks like she took her own life now in the fallout of Sky's report and that is sad if it is the case.

I don't blame Martin Brunt one bit for going after the story, but the way it was sensationalised on the Sky News website left a lot to be desired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

No I don't think so, it doesn't fit their profile. We know, for example, that they know how to get rid of a body.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I wonder do the people slagging her off see any similarities between that and what see was up to?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

What kind of things had she been saying on Twitter? I wonder how they found her out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

That lady's death is on Sky's hands. That kind of doorstepping journalism never brings good results.

Also having a differing view on something and posting it to social media is not trolling in my eyes. Defamatory perhaps but not trolling.

Zillah wrote: »
    No I don't think so, it doesn't fit their profile. We know, for example, that they know how to get rid of a body.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

She was 63 !

You'd have thought she would have had more sense than bitching on the internet like a saddo.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

:confused:

They killed their daughter. Hid her body. Released several books and that innit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭fedor.2.

Have the McCanns not suffered enough, without having to put up with this kinda sh1t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

One woman against the McCanns media machine (paid for by morons donating) never stood a chance. If she did accuse them of killing their daughter there are a lot of people who agree. I would certainly not be surprised if they did. At the very least they were criminally neglectful.

RIP

Timmyctc wrote: »
    They killed their daughter. Hid her body. Released several books and that innit.

Ah right

Ok

CT forums >>>>>>>

One woman against the McCanns media machine (paid for by morons donating) never stood a chance. If she did accuse them of killing their daughter there are a lot of people who agree. I would certainly not be surprised if they did. At the very least they were criminally neglectful.

RIP

Cut out the whole RIP ****e will ya. You wouldn't be surprised if they killed their daughter!?! Off your game, are ya

RIP

What?

One woman??

Maybe do some research before posting, there were hundreds of idiotic trolls.just like this.woman making exactly the same idiotic accusations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

I notice sky news have no mention if this yet, normally a lot quicker to display breaking news. Must be taking time to consider how to handle it this time round and save themselves as best they can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bit sad for a 63 year old woman to be doing stupid stuff like this, did she have a family, wtf do they think now, waste of a life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Lapin wrote: »
    Wow. I watched her reaction when Sky News reporter Martin Brunt approached her on Thursday and she was quite taken aback.

I genuinely don't think she was aware, (like millions of others) of the consequences of what she was doing on Twitter.

She claimed to be 'entitled to her opinion' but didn't seem to regard that opinion as libelous once it was published on Twitter and elsewhere.

It looks like she took her own life now in the fallout of Sky's report and that is sad if it is the case.

I don't blame Martin Brunt one bit for going after the story, but the way it was sensationalised on the Sky News website left a lot to be desired.

I think "trolls" essentially dehumanise their victims. This woman's behaviour certainly did cause the McCann's pain, and could have led to either of them taking a similar decision to end their lives. I think exposure to the extent of leading a witch-hunt is poor form, but I don't think "trolls" should have their anonymity especially protected - it is afterall what enables their abuse of other people. It unfortunate this woman killed herself, but its clear she was pretty unhappy in the first place if trying to make other people miserable was how she spent her free time.

It does seem like the McCann case has attracted a lot of bitter, hateful people who all have a totally unproven theory and use it to justify attacks on two entirely innocent parents whose child was taken/killed.

• Advertisement

Sky News original report.

Before they remove it from everywhere.

http://news.sky.com/story/1345871/evil-trolls-in-hate-campaign-against-mccanns

pippip wrote: »
    I notice sky news have no mention if this yet, normally a lot quicker to display breaking news. Must be taking time to consider how to handle it this time round and save themselves as best they can.

They don't need saving. The sooner people realise that they can't say whatever they want online, and get away it, the better.

• Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

Zillah wrote: »

spot on there. ;-)

Ah right

Ok

CT forums >>>>>>>

Sorry no you're right. They were very caring non negligent parents who haven't been milking the death of a child for every last penny over the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

fedor.2. wrote: »
    They don't need saving. The sooner people realise that they can't say whatever they want online, and get away it, the better.

That's what the law is for. What sky news did here was make this woman as public as possible for their own ratings. As others have said they took it too far with their reporting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Not sure any of these trolls had Clarence Mitchell in their pay did they. With all his media and political contacts (being a former bbc man and current Conservative prospective parliamentary candidate and all)

• Advertisement

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Sorry no you're right. They were very caring non negligent parents who haven't been milking the death of a child for every last penny over the years.

How the Fcuk do you know what kinda parents they were. They made one mistake, and will pay for that for the rest of their lives.

The callousness of people like you really amazes me. You should be ashamed of yourself

• Registered Users Posts: 2,348 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

It was an MI5 or CIE inside job

kneemos wrote: »
    I wonder do the people slagging her off see any similarities between that and what see was up to?

There are many who think that because they post something in After Hours they are automatically immune from their own stupidity.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I feel so sorry that a lady took her life regardless whither she was a Troll or not.....

I'm sure she felt so isolated when Sky came knocking at her door she didn't know where to turn to, especially in a small community.

The Police were investigating this, Sky took it upon themselves to approach this lady who is now dead apparently by her own hand.

Sky should be ashamed of themselves.

They should have let the police continue their investigation and let due process take its course. That lady may be alive today if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I feel so sorry that a lady took her life regardless whither she was a Troll or not.....

I'm sure she felt so isolated when Sky came knocking at her door she didn't know where to turn to, especially in a small community.

The Police were investigating this, Sky took it upon themselves to approach this lady who is now dead apparently by her own hand.

They should have let the police continue their investigation and let due process take its course. That lady may be alive today if so.

Not nessescary true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Lapin wrote: »
    Sky News original report.

Before they remove it from everywhere.

http://news.sky.com/story/1345871/evil-trolls-in-hate-campaign-against-mccanns

Why did sky news decide to "out" this woman instead of some of the other tweet accounts? on the site they have blacked out the twitter names of other "trolls" but decided to name and shame this elderly possibly more vulnerable woman who probably thought her comments were anonymous.

I'm sure the McCanns felt isolated too, when people like that were accusing them of killing their own child

How the Fcuk do you know what kinda parents they were. They made one mistake, and will pay for that for the rest of their lives.

The callousness of people like you really amazes me. You should be ashamed of yourself

They either did it themselves or someone else did but are poor parents either way.
    I should be ashamed of myself? I didn't apparently leave my young children alone in an unlocked apartment. Feck off down the road get drunk. Milk the tragedy for money. Change my statments about the events several different times when interviewed to better sync my recollection of events with other members of the dinner.

They then have this attitude that when the police investigated the family themselves that it was a travesty and injustice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Yes Sky, the whiter than white judgementalists.

This woman was obviously vulnerable and while not very smart to be trolling, was doing no more than thousands of others do each day.
    Sky should stick to reporting news not attempting to create it.

I'm sure the McCanns felt isolated too, when people like that were accusing them of killing their own child

The McCann's have a lot of support and I'm sure dealing with the Internet was one of the Support Counselling they had.

Being outed as one of thousands was a very harsh decision by Sky to isolate one person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

If that sort of shít is worthy of a police investigation then I'll be in big trouble sometime soon.

What a stupid fúcking thing Sky did.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Donald73

What happened to this lady is horrific. She was most definitely hounded by Martin Brunt...the same Martin Brunt who reported that the DNA evidence found was 100% Madeleine's...evidence that pointed to her death. Turnaround much?

There are so many people questioning what happened and that is all down to the McCanns - Kate's refusal to answer questions to the police; their refusal to do a reconstruction at the time; the fact they NEVER searched for her (seriously WHO doesn't look for their 'lost' child???); them and their friends constantly changing stories; their 'pact of silence'; them ringing Sky News before the police - in fact they NEVER rang the police, the hotel did; them setting up a fund immediately and Gerry talking about holding an event on the one year anniversary only a couple weeks after her 'disappearance; them jogging and playing tennis but not searching; them running from Portugal as soon as they were made arguidos; using the fund money which was donated to find their child to pay their mortgage and pay for legal battles...I've gone on enough though but there are so many more things that have people questioning.

I myself think that they know exactly what happened to her, the evidence of the dogs and the DNA found on Kate's clothes, the car etc all speak volumes to me.

Yes Sky, the whiter than white judgementalists.

This woman was obviously vulnerable and while not very smart to be trolling, was doing no more than thousands of others do each day.
    Sky should stick to reporting news not attempting to create it.

Very good point RubberC.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

Being outed as one of thousands was a very harsh decision by Sky to isolate one person.

harsh ? they should go out a few more

it's a sick little fantasy land that sort of spineless trolling git create for themselves

hope she updated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

donna35 wrote: »
    What happened to this lady is horrific. She was most definitely hounded by Martin Brunt...the same Martin Brunt who reported that the DNA evidence found was 100% Madeleine's...evidence that pointed to her death. Turnaround much?

There are so many people questioning what happened and that is all down to the McCanns - Kate's refusal to answer questions to the police; their refusal to do a reconstruction at the time; the fact they NEVER searched for her (seriously WHO doesn't look for their 'lost' child???); them and their friends constantly changing stories; their 'pact of silence'; them ringing Sky News before the police - in fact they NEVER rang the police, the hotel did; them setting up a fund immediately and Gerry talking about holding an event on the one year anniversary only a couple weeks after her 'disappearance; them jogging and playing tennis but not searching; them running from Portugal as soon as they were made arguidos; using the fund money which was donated to find their child to pay their mortgage and pay for legal battles...I've gone on enough though but there are so many more things that have people questioning.

I myself think that they know exactly what happened to her, the evidence of the dogs and the DNA found on Kate's clothes, the car etc all speak volumes to me.

Why didn't the Portuguese police charge them then?

You seem to know more about the evidence then they do.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement