Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

McCann Troll found dead.

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

donna35 wrote: »
    I myself think that they know exactly what happened to her, the evidence of the dogs and the DNA found on Kate's clothes, the car etc all speak volumes to me.

Well, what you think is of great value I'm sure. The police and courts that you selectively refer to did not charge them and did not find them guilty. They are entirely innocent, and completely unqualified suspicions by people who have absolutely no idea what they are talking about is not justification for the sort of bitter hatred with which the McCanns have been targeted.

I think that if any of the trolls targeting the McCanns got a small taste of the vilification the McCanns have faced for the past decade, they wouldn't last 48 hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,656 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Sorry no you're right. They were very caring non negligent parents who haven't been milking the death of a child for every last penny over the years.

Your post reminds me of this woman

http://news.sky.com/story/1345871/evil-trolls-in-hate-campaign-against-mccanns

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Why didn't the Portuguese police charge them then?

You seem to know more about the evidence then they do.

There's a big difference between knowing that someone did something, and being able to actually prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that they did something.

For the record, I have no opinions on the McCann's innocence as I simply don't know enough about the case to make any judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Wilberto wrote: »
    There's a big difference between knowing that someone did something, and being able to actually prove, beyond reasonable doubt, that they did something.

For the record, I have no opinions on the McCann's innocence as I simply don't know enough about the case to make any judgement.

And the Portuguese investigators are the best people to make them judgements as they have all the evidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

She overreacted by randomly eviscerating the McCanns, anonymously.

Then when she was traced to her twee little church fair cricket on the green middle england existence she further overreacted by topping herself.

People with issues be issuing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I can't feel much sympathy for her trolling but I do feel sympathy for her in the sense that she was singled out for trolling when so much worse has been said or done on a platform like Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,812 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Sky News are bastards. Plain and simple. News is entertainment to them and all involved in this should be ashamed but I would imagine nobody at Sky News gives a ****.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The internet makes idiots of so many weak minded people.

Conspiracy
    Hate
    Lies

Bread and butter to people who used to just get on with their own lives and bothered no one other than members of their own families or work colleagues.

So it appears this was a suicide. I don't think it's right that we allow that to be picked apart.

The thread will (and already has) also lead to the inevitable defamation of the McCanns and we can't allow that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement