Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEO courses/ diploma Dublin

• 05-10-2014 8:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm an SEO professional however I have no qualifications.

Looking for recommendations on courses in Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SEO Ireland

Hi Onlineweb,

I am in a similar boat, I have been building and optimising websites for the past 5 years but only this year have i gone to the trouble of getting a qualification. I am currently doing the Digital Marketing Institutes professional diploma and it is quite good.

Jason

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

Hi Jason,

Yeah I was looking at the content for the Digital Marketing Institute master's and to be honest it looks very simplistic.

Anybody done the Fitzwilliam course?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 AK100AK

onlineweb wrote: »
    Hi Jason,

Yeah I was looking at the content for the Digital Marketing Institute master's and to be honest it looks very simplistic.

Anybody done the Fitzwilliam course?

One of my work colleagues just enrolled in the online course with Fitzwilliam, I was just flicking through the content and was appalled at how out of date the screenshots were e.g. Google Trends screenshot they had must have been at least 4 years old. As SEO changes so often, I don't think they put the effort in to updating the content.

I think DMI is good because two of the guys from Wolfgang Digital teach the SEO modules and Joanne Casey is very good on Google Analytics, but saying that I think its overpriced for what it is and simplistic if you are not a novice I don't think its necessary. I would only do a course in SEO if you have no previous knowledge its a waste of money otherwise, for what you could upskill online by reading and experimenting yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭onlineweb

Decided to go with Fitzwilliam as their content appears to be more comprehensive. Plus when you type in SEO courses Ireland they seem to be higher than other colleges on Google serps. Which is a good indicator.

Advertisement