Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Marathon 2015

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,236 ✭✭✭AuldManKing

yep - their website says a 10am start.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

My mistake....:mad:

My point still stands though!

I have some great recommendations for food (perfect place for pasta) and hotel.

Almost feel like going back now.....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Rotterdam is a good marathon.

It's absolutely awful to look at though, so whilst you might get great support from the local crowds it's probably not one that your personal support crew would thank you for dragging them over to.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Ruarl Runner

Did Vienna in 2011, was a great race; fast course and excellently organised.

Thinking about this for 2015? Group of us heading across, any suggestions RE: accommodation?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Thinking about this for 2015? Group of us heading across, any suggestions RE: accommodation?
    Thanks

We stayed in a "pension", the equivalent of a B&B. Tons of those around.
    As long as you're anywhere near an underground station (which is most of the city), you'll be fine anywhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Thanks

Hi RR. I ran this last April, my race report is here (http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057179866&page=2 can't do a link to a single report). Like TFB, I would also highly recommend this run. I found it to be very flat.

The accommodation I used was Park Inn by Raddisson (at Wagramer Straße 16-18, 22. Donaustadt, 1220 Vienna), which is your standard 3* hotel i.e. very nice and comfortable. I would highly recommend it for the Vienna Marathon, the big advantage is that the marathon starts outside its door - obviously is very convenient to have your room / facilities at the starting line!! Given the wkd in it, I thought the hotel was very reasonably priced too. Their breakfast spread is quite good for 99% of mornings but for the morning of the marathon, bring your own porridge, muesli, etc.

There is a shopping centre just a 5min taxi drive away which has an Italian restaurant, which I found great for the auld carbo loading.

My only negative from the Vienna Marathon was the pasta party offered by the organisers. It's not in the same area of the city as the Expo and it's a complete waste of time and energy to get to it. But I found it to be all good otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

I've signed up.for the Hamburg Marathon on 26th April. Looks like a good one from everything I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Lex Luther

This year I think it falls on Easter Sunday.

I double checked as I was interested in Manchester but couldn't be away from family on Easter - I think next year Easter Sunday is on 5th april but Manchester is on 19th april..

Advertisement