Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Merge city and county forums?

Options
  • 05-10-2014 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,248 ✭✭✭

Now that the city and county councils have merged, why is the same not being done for the city and county forums?

Comments

Also considering this forum has become very dead in the past couple of months. I know there is still posters in here but about 2 years ago it was so much more active.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

And lose our City status?!!

(may as well tbh)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

Now that the city and county councils have merged, why is the same not being done for the city and county forums?

Because Big Phil said so? Phuck that!

I don't mean any offence to the good people of Lismore, Cappoquin, etc. when I say that I have no more interest in the goings on in their fair towns than I do in what happens in say New Ross or Thomastown.

Leave the city forum as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shane07

Lets keep it the city forum! Not much interest to be fair in the goings on in West Waterford!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

The City Forum is fine as it is, leave well enough alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

bad idea, plenty of activity to warrant keeping separate. Makes about as much sense as merging Carlow and KK forums, same electoral area. Probably more activity on Waterford city than those both combined.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

NO ,keep the RIFF RAFF apart for all our sanity......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

no no no no no

I can't understand their accent, I am hardly going to understand their posts

• Registered Users Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭robtri

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    NO ,keep the RIFF RAFF apart for all our sanity......

I was thinking the same... we need to seperate out a Ballybeg forum then :) yup

• Registered Users Posts: 22,772 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

It was discussed before & at the time it was felt that they were best kept separate as the volume of City posts would drown out the County posts. Therefore you'd pretty much have the first page with mostly City posts, the County posts would quickly drop off & not have time to develop.

Maybe things have changed since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

They took ur jerbs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,071 ✭✭✭Xenophile

This is a good and sensible idea!

The Forum on Spirituality has been closed for years. Please bring it back, there are lots of Spiritual people in Ireland and elsewhere.

Advertisement