Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Iphone 4s Locked out, Help !!!

• 05-10-2014 8:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

Folks - I work for a small company & one of our employees recently left and didnt wipe their company Iphone. The problem we now have is it is locked with his pin code and we cant unlock or wipe the handset as the PC he used to sync it with was his personal one.

Any ideas or am I stuck with a brick ?

Its running IOS 7 btw.

I'm willing to jailbreak or anything to get this functional again

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Disconnect all cables from your device.
    Turn off your device.
    Press and hold the Home button. While holding the Home button, connect your device to iTunes. If your device doesn't turn on automatically, turn it on.
    Continue holding the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
    iTunes will alert you that it has detected a device in recovery mode.
    Click OK, then restore the device.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

I tried that but it failed when it asked me to enter the pin. I believe that used to work but for security reasons Apple locked it out in ios7

Folks - Any ideas ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Can you not just get in touch with the old employee? You will need their apple account information aswell to reuse the iPhone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Advertisement

biko wrote: »

Many thanks - the powerdown and hold home button while reconnecting to PC method worked perfectly. Many thanks

Advertisement