Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop wont connect to wired connection

Options
  • 05-10-2014 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I've a packard Bell Easynote TK85 laptop, which won't connect to a wired internet connections, but it does connects through wi-fi. My other laptop like (this one I'm using to write this) works perfectly fine with the same wired connection ant idea why ? Im running windows 7

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,450 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The Ethernet port might be disabled. Go into Control Panel/Device Manager and open the 'Network Adapters' section, see if you can see the wired port and make sure it's enabled.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭bluferbl

Or the wired card could have been disabled in the BIOS.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

thanks for the reply when i go to into Control Panel/Device Manager and open the Network Adapters i see the broadcom netlink (tm) gigabit ethernet but it has a yellow warning triangle.

I tried to update the driver but it says it has the latest driver ??

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭quaidox

make sure it does not have a static ip address assigned to it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

How are you trying to update the drivers. Try downloading and running this one from the packard bell site: http://global-download.packardbell.com/GDFiles/Driver/Lan/Lan_Broadcom_14.0.1.0_W7x86W7x64_A.zip?acerid=634183889675477293&Step1=NOTEBOOK&Step2=EASYNOTE&Step3=EN%20TK85&OS=ALL&LC=en&BC=PACKARD%20BELL&SC=EMEA_27P

If that does not work see if there are other devices with the yellow exclamation next to it.

• Advertisement

Tou could highlight the Broadcom network adapter in Device Manager and then delete it. Reboot and see if Windows plugs and plays it back into life.
    pm. wrote: »
    thanks for the reply when i go to into Control Panel/Device Manager and open the Network Adapters i see the broadcom netlink (tm) gigabit ethernet but it has a yellow warning triangle.

I tried to update the driver but it says it has the latest driver ??

bluferbl wrote: »
    Tou could highlight the Broadcom network adapter in Device Manager and then delete it. Reboot and see if Windows plugs and plays it back into life.

Tried that when i reboot the computer tries to install driver but fails... off to the computer hospital me thinks :o

Did you try the link I linked to above, Download the file, uninstall the current driver then run the file to install the driver.

The Exclamation mark in the device manager can be a conflict with another device, is there another device with the same exclamation mark.

hearny wrote: »
    Did you try the link I linked to above, Download the file, uninstall the current driver then run the file to install the driver.

The Exclamation mark in the device manager can be a conflict with another device, is there another device with the same exclamation mark.

Yeah microsoft virtual wifi miniport adapter also has he exclamation mark and my wifi is working with qualcomm atheros ar5b97 wireless network adapter.

I did dl the link but it opens with winrar and when i open it there are lots of files :confused::confused: it wont install

Go into device Manager.

Try disabling the virtual wifi miniport, uninstalling the Broadcom driver.

Extract the zip file (Should be able to right click on it and click extract all, if not Extract with Winrar same as this video (assuming its winrar that is installed)

In the extracted folder you will see 2 folders x32 and x64 inside each of these are a lot of files but you are looking for Setup.exe - To find out which folder to use you need to know if your version of windows is a 32 bit version or a 64 bit version. To do this Click on the start (Windows) button in the bottom left of the screen, Right Click on Computer and click Properties. Under the System properties it will tell you System Type.

If your type says 32 bit use the x32 folder, if its 64 bit use the x64 folder.

Hopefully that will sort it for you.

• Advertisement

thanks for he help, i did the above but it says the wizard was interrupted during install ??

No bother, try to install it manually so, once you have disabled the wifi miniport restart the laptop and go to device manager.

You should see the listing for the broadcom device, right click on it and click "Update Driver", click on "Browse My Computer ..."

find the x32 / x64 folder that you have unzipped, this link will guide you through the steps:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/97061-driver-install-device-manager.html

If there's a Windows problem stopping you from getting the NIC installed, try running http://www.tweaking.com/content/page/windows_repair_all_in_one.html

It's a very good tool and will repair all manner of Windows problems...especially good for repairing Windows functions after it's had malware. Just follow the instructions and work through the various pages and fixes it offers.

Advertisement