Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows 8, MS account & OneDrive

Options
  • 05-10-2014 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭

I've a new laptop with windows 8 and also got office 365 to take advantage of the 1TB of OneDrive cloud storage. However to access this I need to log in using an MS account. This is the family laptop so I don't want to use my hotmail account and it's password to be the general log in method. Plenty people including visitors use this laptop and it lives in the main living area.

So currently I'm not logging in using a MS account which means I can't use the 1TB of OneDrive. What's my best option? Set up a dummy account specifically for this? e.g. familypc@hotmail.com

But then when I want to get remote access from my android will I only need to log into OneDrive or will my whole device be logged in? (if you get what I mean)

Ideas welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭johnnybmac

Use the current account for yourself and set up the onedrive account etc...

Go to control panel - users (windows key and x, and select control panel from the list) and set up a "Guest" account for other users to use...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Cheers lads but don't want seperate log - ins.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,254 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

If you want them to have access to the account on this machine only (and not their phones etc) you can use a picture password or a PIN password. The picture/PIN password will be unique to the machine itself, and since they will not know the actual password it cant be replicated somewhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

Overheal wrote: »
    If you want them to have access to the account on this machine only (and not their phones etc) you can use a picture password or a PIN password. The picture/PIN password will be unique to the machine itself, and since they will not know the actual password it cant be replicated somewhere else.

Perfect. I noticed those options but didn't investigate further. That sounds like the solution I wanted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement