Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fastest way to get money into an English bank account?

Options
  • 05-10-2014 11:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭

My brother needs money transferred to his NatWest bank account in the morning before his 3pm flight. I've never had to lodge money into a foreign bank before. Can I do it in any bank and will it be instant?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭SkyBlueClouds

You could use an money transfer service such as Western Union, 1st Contact Forex etc where you basically charge the funds to your own debit card and they clear in the recipients account. Most offer a same day service for a higher fee - usually cheaper than the banks though. Money can also be sent to his paypal account, however, fund withdrawals from Paypal take a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

My brother needs money transferred to his NatWest bank account in the morning before his 3pm flight. I've never had to lodge money into a foreign bank before. Can I do it in any bank and will it be instant?

Your bank will do this for you. There will be a GBP EUR FX charge.

Normally, you are best off using an online currency broker, but given your time constraints you might be best simply doing it with your bank.

Transfer will take 1 day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

There is a 'same day value' transfer available. As it says on the tin: same day. It costs about €25 above any FX charges.

Advertisement