Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much € per week would you give up work for?

• 06-10-2014 12:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭

Say for instance there was no mortgage involved, just utility bills and you were haggling a weekly income not to work ever again, and the granter of this stipend was trying to haggle downwards, what would you settle for to cover shopping, occasional piss ups, bills etc.

I reckon €250-€300 per week would be ok, ( rising with inflation ), one could budget themselves on this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

Are we allowed to take up another job?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Packrat

500 index linked to inflation (if we ever see that animal again)

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

€8756.98

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭NoelJ

I'd be bored as hell without work. It'd be have to be nearer 1000 a week for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,493 ✭✭✭DazMarz

About a grand a week sounds about right. I would crack up without some kind of work to do. But with a grand a week in readies coming in, that would give me something to be at.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

I don't want money, a bag of coke and a gaggle of whores will do fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Depends at what cross roads i am at and where that car is coming from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

A grand a week taxfree and I'd struggle by.

So..... where do I sign up anyway?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Well, I did it for a net 3500 a month and I'm surviving nicely - there was a considerable lump sum at the time as well but I haven't had to touch that. I take 2 holidays a year and change the car every 2 years so you could probably survive on less.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Whatever the equivalent to $3,000 a week is

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭Sir Arthur Daley

Well, I did it for a net 3500 a month and I'm surviving nicely - there was a considerable lump sum at the time as well but I haven't had to touch that. I take 2 holidays a year and change the car every 2 years so you could probably survive on less.

Have you a post 08 to get the small tax on the car?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

hmmm what do I have to do for this 'free' money???

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

About 700 a week and I'd consider it, as others have said themselves, I'd go insane without something to occupy me, I wouldn't want to simply scrape by and spend all day sitting in with nothing to do, I'd need enough cash that I could do pretty much anything I want and keep myself occupied, and even then, I'd probably end up taking up some kind of voluntary work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Have you a post 08 to get the small tax on the car?

A 131 BMW. Not site if that's what you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,455 ✭✭✭tritium

Wow the amount of folks saying around a grand a week net with all bills etc paid is astonishing. That's around 75k a year gross I reckon with no bills. Well over average industrial wage.

Would love to know how many of them have been telling everyone that 60-100k is loaded in the regular tax the rich threads on AH

Edit: bills but no mortgage/ rent

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,241 Mod ✭✭✭✭L.Jenkins

I wouldn't give up work at all. I'd get bored quickly with not much to do outside of the house. There's only so much traveling and going out you can do before it becomes a bit much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,033 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Seriously? I want to write a book or two, so if you could cover all bills and add €100 a week, I'd be in like a shot.

Death has this much to be said for it:
    You don’t have to get out of bed for it.
    Wherever you happen to be
    They bring it to you—free.

— Kingsley Amis

Advertisement