Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas Day dinner.

Options
  • 06-10-2014 2:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Anybody know of hotels/restaurants in Galway that open on Christmas day itself for a Christmas dinner? Family coming home, trying to get organised :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

diarmo06 wrote: »
    Anybody know of hotels/restaurants in Galway that open on Christmas day itself for a Christmas dinner? Family coming home, trying to get organised :rolleyes:

Radisson and possibly Harbour Hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

This older thread has a few suggestions too you can ring and check.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

Can you not just cook your own Christmas dinner?

It wouldn't be Christmas dinner to me if it was out of a restaurant or a hotel.

#tradition

• Registered Users Posts: 12,151 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Sofa King wrote: »

#tradition

We're using hashtags here now are we?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

We are it seems.

#SoWithIt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

We are it seems.

#SoWithIt

#hipandcool

• Registered Users Posts: 25,959 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

#tradition

We're not talking about you, we're talking about the OP - who may have a small kitchen or whatever.

#predictable
    #annualThread

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

#tradition

Sometimes when there is a death in the family during the year, the family will opt for an Xmas dinner in a hotel just to avoid a "flat" or depressing dinner in the home and also to avoid all the prep work etc. Often people dont feel like decorating their house for the 1st Xmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

I've done dinner in the Raddison a few times on Christmas Day. Very good. Top notch service. They generally do 3 sittings of 2 - 3 hours (if I recall correctly) and the middle one is booked out earlier.

Certainly would recommend, there a loads of reasons to go out. Cooking the dinner is a major task for someone/some people.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

HashtagXmas

Am I doing it right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

Salthill Hotel are doing Christmas dinner!http://www.salthillhotel.com/en/christmas-breaks-galway/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

#tradition
    #SoWithIt
    #hipandcool
    #predictable
    #annualThread

g1379092610384759364.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,389 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Did the Radidisson hotel one a number of years ago and wasn't impressed. Food itself was nice, but felt like a factory conveyor belt, and lots of little things were missing because of it. It's one day when you need the customer service to be at a top level.

Got a thing in the door that Galway Bay Hotel are doing it too. Think it was around the 75 yo yos mark.

Advertisement