Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loughwell Pet Farm or Turoe Pet Farm?

Options
  • 06-10-2014 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Trying to plan my daughters 4th Birthday party and can't decide on which place. We've been to Turoe loughrea before and had a great time but heard Loughwell in Moycullen is great too... Which would people recommend? Her birthday will fall during the Halloween mid term break so not sure about weather or will any animals be around? Thanks :)

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

The indoor stuff in Turoe is better.

I prefer Loughwell in general, but you can't argue with that bouncy castle in Loughrea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Spring Onion

The drop slide in Loughwell is class!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

I haven't been to Turoe so I can't comment on their facilities.

However, my experience of Loughwell is that the farm/animal aspect is rather minor. The kids will go to the animal feeding/handling sessions when they're announced, but otherwise they take no notice. How many times are they going to look at a Vietnamese pot-bellied pig or a goat in a pen?

The biggest attractions in Loughwell are the slides (including the 'wall of death' drop slide, not for the faint-hearted) which the kids use over and over again.

The play area around the slides is huge, and there are numerous attractions outside, some of which are covered and can still be used in bad weather: train, sand-pit, go-karts, zip-wire, bowls etc.

One important feature of Loughwell is that it is not time limited, other than by their opening hours, so you can take as long as you need to tire the little darlings out.

Another factor might be distance. Turoe is about three times as far from Galway City centre as Loughwell is.

Iwannahurl wrote: »
    One important feature of Loughwell is that it is not time limited, other than by their opening hours, so you can take as long as you need to tire the little darlings out.

Neither is Turoe

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

Have you looked at the Burren Nature Sanctuary in Kinvara?

I've had a few birthday parties there and they have been great, plenty for the kids to do no matter the weather. They could have some event on over Hallowe'en too, not sure if this is good or bad for a bunch of four year olds.

http://www.bns.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Sofa King

ratracer wrote: »
    Have you looked at the Burren Nature Sanctuary in Kinvara?

I've had a few birthday parties there and they have been great, plenty for the kids to do no matter the weather. They could have some event on over Hallowe'en too, not sure if this is good or bad for a bunch of four year olds.

http://www.bns.ie/

This.

I was just about to post about it as a recommendation.

We were there for their Halloween event last year and the kids loved it.

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Gal44

Went with Loughwell in Moycullen! Thanks for all the suggestions and replies everyone :)

Advertisement