Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unpaid standing order

Options
  • 06-10-2014 10:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

itI have a standing order on my Bank of Ireland account to transfer money to my savings account in my local credit union.  Last week I had insufficient funds in my account due to my salary not going in until the following day.  However Bank of Ireland have charged me €12.70 and debited if from my account. Why is this? It's not like they had to pay it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Yep, even standing orders to your own BOI savings account are charged 12.70. Be leaving BOI pretty soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Mebl wrote: »
    itI have a standing order on my Bank of Ireland account to transfer money to my savings account in my local credit union.  Last week I had insufficient funds in my account due to my salary not going in until the following day.  However Bank of Ireland have charged me €12.70 and debited if from my account. Why is this? It's not like they had to pay it.
    Hi Mebl,

Welcome to Boards and thanks for contacting us here.

When a Standing Order goes unpaid, this will incur an unpaid fee of €12.70. This would be included in our Schedule of Fees and Charges brochure. Please find the details of our fees and charges here

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement