Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Private Parking in Drogheda?

Options
  • 06-10-2014 10:51am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭

Just after finding a 2 bed apt in Drogheda but there is only one car space with it. As I'm new to the area I've no idea where to start looking for car parking. Anyone from the area offer me any advice/suggestions? It would be really appreciated!! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Where abouts is the flat?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭blazermel

The haymarket, beside xtravision!

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

There is a free car-park on the other side of the bus station. Parking on the street is free from 5pm to 8am free on Sundays but there are not many spaces near the haymarket, if any. Parking in McDonalds is for customer use only, I've no idea if this is ever checked though.

The multi story car-park on the Haymarket Bridge is shut in the evenings as is the town center car park. It might be worth asking the building management if it is possible to rent another parking space. It may not be very safe to leave your car overnight in the free car park, I have noticed broken glass there a few times, its fairly isolated at night.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Mr. Muddle wrote: »
    There is a free car-park on the other side of the bus station. Parking on the street is free from 5pm to 8am free on Sundays but there are not many spaces near the haymarket, if any. Parking in McDonalds is for customer use only, I've no idea if this is ever checked though.

I saw a van clamped last week.
    The multi story car-park on the Haymarket Bridge is shut in the evenings as is the town center car park. It might be worth asking the building management if it is possible to rent another parking space. It may not be very safe to leave your car overnight in the free car park, I have noticed broken glass there a few times, its fairly isolated at night.

Exactly. I left mine there overnight once. Came back to find a perfect footprint on the drivers window, the alarm would've went off, and they probably ran but they did try.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 teatoast

Fitzwilliam Court do private parking for their own residents 24/7 and for some businesses during the day, not sure if they would give you a space if you're not renting with them but might be worth asking, plus its super close to the haymarket and very secure.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 144 ✭✭blazermel

Thanks for all the tips, I'm going to contact fitzwilliam court about renting a space off them. As I don't know the area I'd feel a bit wary about going for on street parking or anything like that in case something did happen!

Advertisement