Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Autumn Illness

• 06-10-2014 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Is there many people suffering from chest infections and the flu at the moment in Ireland?

I ask because I am, and I'll be going to the doctor later, but I always seem to get the same illness in the same month for the past five or six years and I'm interested to know if there's anyone else like this.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,451 ✭✭✭Hoop66

Yes, there are. The person that infected you, for a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Sounds like you have the cat aids OP.
    Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Goooner1886

whiskeyman wrote: »
    Sounds like you have the cat aids OP.
    Best of luck.
    I always pop a rubber on when I violate Fluffy so not possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I have a chest infection almost two weeks, horrible dose

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,375 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Sick as a dog from Thursday to Sunday, temperature, body aches, chest and throat pain. nasty one, hadnt been ill for years.

• Advertisement

If you're in school or Uni or any place where vast amounts of people are in a room together, it's inevitable. I got bugs every September or October of my life, and now I work in a Uni it's the same thing. Parents of kids in school pick them up from the kids who are all in a class together, breathing in each others germs.

Work on your own, the intersection of the seasons are always fertile ground for bugs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You should start building up your immune system around late summer in advance of autumn: licking bus poles, dog turds, park benches etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭WinnyThePoo

Usually get a bout of Flu around this time of year. Hoping I get away with it this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

"Fresher's flu" I believe is the technical term OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I'm just through a chest infection, touch wood.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

cloud493 wrote: »
    touch wood.

every morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,462 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

What's a chest infection?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

A chest infection is a bacterial or viral infection of the airways leading down into the lungs, or of the lungs themselves

From the HSE website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

That'll be the damp

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Head cold and chest infection; on and off all winter for the last 3 years. Got flu vaccine last week though for the first time; hoping that improves things!!

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭GalwayGirl26

Head cold and chest infection; on and off all winter for the last 3 years. Got flu vaccine last week though for the first time; hoping that improves things!!

Advertisement