Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever been cheated on?

• 06-10-2014 11:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭

I was reading the best friend thread and I thought of another similar type of thread.
    Before I met my now wife I was in a relationship that lasted about 4 months give or take.
    I was a right mug but I learnt my lesson after that.
    I knew the girl for a bit before we started seeing each other but she had a boyfriend so nothing ever happened.
    Then I found out they broke up so I thought I'd take my chance.
    Met up on Paddys night and went back to her place for a bit of err playtime.
    Really started to like her and we ended up going on dates, cinema etc. Relationship stuff.
    Her birthday was coming up and she was having a party at her place but said that no guys were allowed as she wanted a girly night.
    Had no problem with it and so stayed at home and invited some of the lads over for cans.
    Around midnight I get a text from her telling me she was sorry but was just after sleeping with her ex. Cow didn't even have the courage to meet me in person.
    She told me she'd understand if I never wanted to see her again but I liked her a lot and thought I'll try and forgive it.
    Slowly things were getting better until it was now my birthday and we were all going to have a night on the town. The ex said she'd be a bit late as she needs time to get ready etc and then meet my friends girlfriend for drinks. Thought no more of it until who walks through the door of the pub? Said friends girlfriend.
    Turned out that my ex was meeting up with her ex every week for their own playtime and was with the guy the same day as my birthday.
    Dumped her the next day... in person.
    So AH, what are your stories?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭u140acro3xs7dm

Sure im a fúcking ride, nobody would cheat on me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,825 ✭✭✭✭bear1

Sure im a fúcking ride, nobody would cheat on me.

Appropriate username :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

My 5 Kings got beaten by 6 Aces in Texas Hold Em one night.
    Still getting over it. Leonard Cohen eases the pain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

convinced ex-wife cheated on me , no real evidence bar my gut instinct and no sex for me at the time.
    She denied it to high heaven whenI accused her.

She married now to the fella I was suspicious of.
    odd that.

poor him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

bear1 wrote: »
    Thought no more of it until who walks through the door of the pub? Said friends girlfriend.
    Turned out that my ex was meeting up with her ex every week for their own playtime and was with the guy the same day as my birthday.

I can't be the only one completely confused by the end of this anecdote?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,076 ✭✭✭✭Czarcasm

The OP's girlfriend told the OP she was meeting his friends girlfriend, and then the friends' girlfriend walked in the door of the pub, with no sign of the OP's girlfriend.

Taylor Swift explains it better -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Czarcasm wrote: »
    The OP's girlfriend told the OP she was meeting his friends girlfriend, and then the friends' girlfriend walked in the door of the pub, with no sign of the OP's girlfriend.

Taylor Swift explains it better -

I guess it's in the way it's told.

sorry OP . It's clear now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Do you need a hug bear1??

Do you need a hug bear1??

I do :(

It's a Monday and I'm sick so whatever I post may or may not make sense :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭sbsquarepants

I think his girlfriend fúcked his twin, or possibly his reflection - shít I don't know. All you need to know is she's a slut.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

and went back to her place for a bit of err playtime.

It's OK, you're allowed t say sex here.

anncoates wrote: »
    It's OK, you're allowed t say sex here.

Giggles *runs away to laugh in the corner*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 347 ✭✭Miss Lizzie Jones

Never. When they tell me that I am wearing THEM out, I have no worries. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

She told me she'd understand if I never wanted to see her again but I liked her a lot and thought I'll try and forgive it.

This is always the bit that people get wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,488 ✭✭✭kingtut

Hmm I haven't really been cheated on but one girl did pretend to be dying of leukimia in order to break up with me (she said she didn't want me to see her suffering)... does that count? Nope, oh well :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

kingtut wrote: »
    Hmm I haven't really been cheated on but one girl did pretend to be dying of leukimia in order to break up with me (she said she didn't want me to see her suffering)... does that count? Nope, oh well :(

Jaysus!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Lucky escape.

She sounds fcuked in the head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Yeah but when I look back now I'm so glad it happened. I was spared from so much more misery that would have been on the way down the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭Kaizersoze81

Yeah but when I look back now I'm so glad it happened. I was spared from so much more misery that would have been on the way down the line.

2 different accounts ?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Maybe they mean in ways other than sexually.

Gongoozler wrote: »
    Maybe they mean in ways other than sexually.

Trust me ... the messages were 100% clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

2 different accounts ?!

I was cheated on and when I asked why I got punched. He came back next day and wanted to try again. I said no. So glad I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭Philo Beddoe

I was cheated on and when I asked why I got punched. He came back next day and wanted to try again. I said no. So glad I did.

I think it's safe to say you made the right decision there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭redfacedbear

First proper grown up relationship finished with her lining up my replacement before giving me the heave-ho. I believe she ended up marrying him and it's only in retrospect that I can see how profoundly incompatible we were. No hard feelings now (but at the time... jaysus I was furious.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

First proper grown up relationship finished with her lining up my replacement before giving me the heave-ho. I believe she ended up marrying him and it's only in retrospect that I can see how profoundly incompatible we were. No hard feelings now (but at the time... jaysus I was furious.)

I've had this happen to me,usually you'll see the warning signs the new potentials name will keep cropping up in conversations,when I confronted her about my suspicions I got the whole "I can't believe you thought that of me" line and was put in the doghouse for it,meanwhile it was well underway behind my back

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Never really been cheated on exactly, but I suppose it was a borderline case.
    I’d been going out with a girl in college for a couple of years.
    Looking back now I can’t believe the relationship lasted so long, we seemed to be constantly fighting, breaking up, getting back together. She was a complete drama-queen, very needy and my head was wreaked.
    On the upside, she was a very good-looking girl and the sex was incredible.
    Anyhow, there was a group of about 20 of us going away to London for the summer and I decided to end the relationship – a clean break for the summer.
    About a week before we left, she announced she was coming too (we had a similar circle of friends, so she would have known a lot of the people going over).
    I was pissed off, but really I couldn’t stop her.
    Anyway, we get over there and she’s all over me from the start. Draping herself over me when we go out, whispering in my ear all the naughty things she wants to do with me.
    Of course I’m weak and I crumble and we end up back together again that night. I’ve resolved myself to another few months of a head-wreakingly bad relationship who’s only upside is the mind-blowing sex.
    Anyway, the very next night we all head out to a club and she saunters into the place draped around a new guy in the group. She’s all over him and wants to make sure that I can see.
    I was so pissed off, with her, but mostly with myself for allowing her to get back under my skin like that.
    I resolved from that night onward that I’d never have anything to do with her again.
    Of course her relationship with the new guy lasted all of a few weeks and she came sniffing back around me again, but I completely blanked her.
    In fact I’ve never really spoken to her again since that night other than a mumbled greeting when we end up at the same social event – which is thankfully quite rare.
    Not sure if that counts as being cheated on or not, but at the time it felt like it for me, but in retrospect it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭tinz18

beano345 wrote: »
    I've had this happen to me,usually you'll see the warning signs the new potentials name will keep cropping up in conversations,when I confronted her about my suspicions I got the whole "I can't believe you thought that of me" line and was put in the doghouse for it,meanwhile it was well underway behind my back

I went through something similar- guilt-trip, I would nevers and for the last month and a half when we went out to dinner, it was normally out of the city because "he wanted something different" from the old faithfuls- only after I copped he'd told her we'd broken up when he hooked up with her and didn't want to be seen around town with me...fun times! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

<snip> not worth it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

No chance my girlfriend is cheating on me. She can't even find time for me, what with all the evenings she works late on her boss's yacht; never mind anyone else..

Cormac... wrote: »
    <snip> not worth it

I already seen it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I already seen it.

Well in that case, sorry, it came across more A grade a$$hole than tongue in cheek which i intended, it's just been one of those days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Jaysus lads, I'm all for expressing the emotions and chatting about important sh1t but this is too depressing for AH!

Well in that case, sorry, it came across more A grade a$$hole than tongue in cheek which i intended, it's just been one of those days

Which is why I never posted a response when I had first seen it. Apology accepted but you were correct about one thing. I did sound like I was bragging which wasn't my intention. I was simply being honest.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭guest2014

I was reading the best friend thread and I thought of another similar type of thread.
    Before I met my now wife I was in a relationship that lasted about 4 months give or take.
    I was a right mug but I learnt my lesson after that.
    I knew the girl for a bit before we started seeing each other but she had a boyfriend so nothing ever happened.
    Then I found out they broke up so I thought I'd take my chance.
    Met up on Paddys night and went back to her place for a bit of err playtime.
    Really started to like her and we ended up going on dates, cinema etc. Relationship stuff.
    Her birthday was coming up and she was having a party at her place but said that no guys were allowed as she wanted a girly night.
    Had no problem with it and so stayed at home and invited some of the lads over for cans.
    Around midnight I get a text from her telling me she was sorry but was just after sleeping with her ex. Cow didn't even have the courage to meet me in person.
    Slowly things were getting better until it was now my birthday and we were all going to have a night on the town. The ex said she'd be a bit late as she needs time to get ready etc and then meet my friends girlfriend for drinks. Thought no more of it until who walks through the door of the pub? Said friends girlfriend.
    Dumped her the next day... in person.
    So AH, what are your stories?

I would never go out with a girl who puts on on the 1st night. big potential to be a cheat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,297 ✭✭✭Jaxxy

guest2014 wrote: »
    I would never go out with a girl who puts on on the 1st night. big potential to be a cheat.

What rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Wasn't cheated on per se but was recently used as a pawn in a cheating relationship.

Met a girl, went on a couple of dates. Got on swimmingly. Noticed after a week or two she was becoming more and more distant and barely responded to any texts. Turns out her boyfriend was out of the country for the two weeks we were "having fun" and had just returned. She neglected to tell me that fairly salient point!

One of the pitfalls of Tinder.

Sometimes I curse the sexual energy I give off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭indigo twist

guest2014 wrote: »

I would never go out with a guy who would believe in the existence of your suggested correlation between mutual consensual sex between two single people, and infidelity while in a relationship.

By the way, your post suggests that you'd judge this hypothetical girl for doing so, yet you'd do the same yourself (or else how would you know that she was willing to do so?) Tad hypocritical, no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭Lalealynn

razorblunt wrote: »
    My 5 Kings got beaten by 6 Aces in Texas Hold Em one night.
    Still getting over it. Leonard Cohen eases the pain.

Kudos for working Leonard Cohen into a bad beat story.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

I'm pretty sure that my first boyfriend did. I only realised after we'd broken up. He broke up with me, for the last few weeks / months her name seemed to be coming up a lot (as mentioned) and oh then there was him telling me that she kissed him. This was actually the third girl that kissed him in the time we were together. Not his fault of course.

But yeah, then he was with her two weeks after we broke up, so I'm guessing that after 2.5 years, you don't go straight to someone else unless you were long out of the relationship yourself.

For a while I internet stalked her, it helped in a way that she was bi polar, and bordering on an alcoholic, made me feel not so bad. Then he told me a year later that she'd broken up with him for someone else. So, haha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

I've been cheated on twice...by the same person! More fool me :D First time was when we were together about 6 or 7 months. He kissed someone else, didn't tell me, broke up with me saying he didn't love me any more and then a few weeks later told me he made a mistake and he DID still love me. He reeled me in with that, then broke it to me that he'd actually cheated on me. Silly old me was blinded by love and forgave him!

Fast forward 2 years later and he cheated on me again. With one of my best friends. Who was also his best friend's WIFE. In my apartment. While I was in bed. My housemate walked in on them. He came into bed with me, said nothing, put his arms around me (after touching her, gross!) and went to sleep and told me the following evening.

It's a really horrible thing to go through, and I really feel for anyone who's been in the same position. It took me a long time to stop blaming myself. We had talked about it previously and said it was unrealistic for anyone to say "I'll never cheat on you" because no one can say that for certain, but we both said if we got unhappy enough that it would come to that, that we'd talk to the other person. Unfortunately he was too cowardly to deal with whatever issues he had, and did the worst thing he could. Not only that, but they'd been having an emotional affair for the previous 6 months.

I think someone who has done that to someone is FAR more likely to cheat in the future. He had cheated on a previous girlfriend and told me that he'd done it because he was so unhappy and in a messed up place, and he couldn't see that happening with us cos we had such a great relationship...no doubt those lines will be rinsed and repeated with every future girlfriend :D

TL;DR - don't cheat. It's a fucking scummy thing to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Going Strong

Same happened to me with my first steady girlfriend. She was cheating on me with a guy she worked with for a couple of months of our relationship. I wasn't angry though, more bemused as to why she didn't just end the relationship and told her as much. She was always one for big drama mind you so that probably explained the whole 'double life' thing. I considered myself better off out of it really as I found her to be a lot of hard work. Also, her mother hated my guts and made no secret about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,711 ✭✭✭C.K Dexter Haven

Which is why I never posted a response when I had first seen it. Apology accepted but you were correct about one thing. I did sound like I was bragging which wasn't my intention. I was simply being honest.

Awe, dats loverly:cool:

Advertisement