Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Text & Dublin tattoo convention

• 06-10-2014 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if any of the artists at the tattoo convention are particularly good at text?
    I've looked at a few of them but there's not a full list posted anywhere I can find, the website is down.

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

I'm not much help but I find it strange that the website domain has expired the week of the convention but there is some info on the FB pages:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tattoocrew/?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/dublininternationaltattooconvention?fref=ts

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

jenizzle wrote: »
    I'm not much help but I find it strange that the website domain has expired the week of the convention but there is some info on the FB pages:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/tattoocrew/?fref=ts
    https://www.facebook.com/dublininternationaltattooconvention?fref=ts

There's the same 8-10 artists posting on there, had a look and maybe 1 could be a runner ðŸ‘
    I know they'll all want to be showing off their skills so unless text or script is their thing it's not what they'll be really wanting to do at a convention.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

jenizzle wrote: »
    I'm not much help but I find it strange that the website domain has expired the week of the convention

Not a good sign really is it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's not really a sign of anything other than the domain was registered around that time of year.

Star Lord wrote: »
    It's not really a sign of anything other than the domain was registered around that time of year.

Well you get tons of notifications and reminders before a domain expires and this is obviously their busiest and most searched time of the year, so letting it expire a couple of weeks before the event, when people like the OP are actively looking for it, sloppy I'd call it.

Anywho, no big deal. It's back now too.

OP - I've no idea about script but here's the artist list - http://www.dublintattooconvention.com/Artists_pop.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

nm wrote: »
    Well you get tons of notifications and reminders before a domain expires and this is obviously their busiest and most searched time of the year, so letting it expire a couple of weeks before the event, when people like the OP are actively looking for it, sloppy I'd call it.

It is a bit lax, but the notifications vary from one registrar to the other. In my opinion, every domain should be on auto-renew, unless specified otherwise!

Did anyone go to this? Any use?

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

nm wrote: »
    Did anyone go to this? Any use?

Not seen anything on facebook/instagram etc and haven't heard much amongst friends so I'm guessing it was quiet enough.

osaurus wrote: »
    Not seen anything on facebook/instagram etc and haven't heard much amongst friends so I'm guessing it was quiet enough.

I saw them mention on facebook they'd no bands etc this year for some reason.

Think Galway is the best one in the country by the sounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

Went a few years back when it was in town. Was pretty dull, a lot of artists were giving out also. Never went back and red cow is way out of the way. Prices for stalls also are/were exorbitant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭Peetrik

I went along for a gander on Sunday afternoon. Saw some stuff I liked, Tricky Nico from Paris (who I hadn't spotted on the lineup) was particularly good I thought although being honest I know nothing of tattooing so wouldn't be much of a judge.

As people were saying, there were no bands/acts to justify hanging around for or to bring the atmosphere up really so I left after an hour of browsing.

It's a shame really, I'm sure the organisers genuinely put in a lot of work organising for exhibitors to come over, for the sake of a few fresh ideas and a bit of thought into keeping people entertained while they are there the convention could be greatly improved upon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Unless your getting a tattoo done the Dublin Convention is pointless and expensive.

The Red Cow is an even worse venue than Ballsbridge.

Advertisement