Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sion Hill Road, Drumcondra

Options
  • 06-10-2014 1:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭

Hi, I heard over the weekend that there was a new development of houses on Sion Hill Road, Drumcondra? Does anyone know anything about this? There seems to be a lot of Green Area on the site of Cross and Passion Convent, Sion Hill/Carberry Road. I presume that's the one but I can't find anything about it on Estate Agents or Planning PErmission sites.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

It's to the left of the school gates on Sion Hill. They have started construction of some sort but all behind the big wall so can't see anything. The sign up says 3&4 bed houses and it's dng

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Got in touch with the estate agents on this, 60-70 3 and 4 bed semi d's being built. Showhouse ready in Feb. Starting at €700k.

I told the estate agent she's having a laugh at those prices.

She replied that they won't be ready until this time next year so that's where they expect prices to be by then.

I'm out

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭polydactyl

Went to view these today. Show house is 176.7 sq/m and to be honest lovely finish in my opinion but weird layout with loads of bedroom and a tiny tiny living room downstairs and another on the third floor??? Prices range from 665 to 740 for the second biggest. No idea on price of biggest. Madness really as all semi d with small gardens.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

I would not want to buy one of the 4 houses that will be directly on the main road!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I believe a few of these sold the weekend and over the last few days.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 438 ✭✭Crumbs868

I believe these houses fall into a desireable school catchment area(one of the best in n Dublin) where houses sell at a premium to houses a few hundread meters away that are in a different catchment area

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Now its becoming apparent why Jan O'Sullivan is intent on seriously revising school's enrollment policies. Just looking a the brochure here- they do look lovely- but the prices are just silly.

Now its becoming apparent why Jan O'Sullivan is intent on seriously revising school's enrollment policies. Just looking a the brochure here- they do look lovely- but the prices are just silly.

I haven't seen a brochure but I believe 650-700k ?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Well little did I know when I started this thread a while back but I've ended up buying one of these houses (not at €700k mind!).

Any other boardsies had a look at them (or bought them?)

Really like the houses, very modern, nicel finished, gardens bigger than most in the area, and right in the middle of a few areas we like.

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Well little did I know when I started this thread a while back but I've ended up buying one of these houses (not at €700k mind!).

Really like the houses, very modern, nicel finished, gardens bigger than most in the area, and right in the middle of a few areas we like.

which one did you buy?
    I've seen the bones of every one of them ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 smilley004

Hi Shedite,

I am hoping to buy one of the three bed terrace houses at the next launch in a couple of weeks time, saw the 4 bed showhouse and loved it.

What did you go for? Any room for negotiation on price?

Thanks

Sarah

Hi Shedite,

I am hoping to buy one of the three bed terrace houses at the next launch in a couple of weeks time, saw the 4 bed showhouse and loved it.

Thanks
    :)

smilley004 wrote: »
    Hi Shedite,

Thanks
    :)
    Went for a 3 bed terrace too, there was no movement on price, doubt they're in much of a rush to sell, haven't officially launched the 3 beds yet, my guess is when they get the showhouse available and the prices on myhome they'll be expecting plenty of interest.

Went for a 3 bed terrace too, there was no movement on price, doubt they're in much of a rush to sell, haven't officially launched the 3 beds yet, my guess is when they get the showhouse available and the prices on myhome they'll be expecting plenty of interest.
    Thanks Shedite, we could be neighbours! Trying to get one before the launch!

The 4 out into the Sion Hill road are completed and sold IIRC. Also there's 4 more, just as you enter the site that are being handed over this week too I think. They have lodged completion certs anyhow.

Very nice development and well built imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭unknownlegend

Hi folks,
    Bought one of the 4 beds, on the left on the way into the estate - facing the green area that will be built.
    Really happy with it. Area right in the middle of everything we need, very close to town but not in it, great build quality, bigger gardens than anywhere I've seen for the location/price.
    Anyone gone through snagging yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cliffoney3

hi shedite 27 have you moved yet to Sion Hill park, just wondering if you know much about the heating system?

cliffoney3 wrote: »
    hi shedite 27 have you moved yet to Sion Hill park, just wondering if you know much about the heating system?
    No, not till Feb (apparently!).

All I know is the marketing blurb. It's electrics heating (no oil/gas/fire), the a fan in the back garden providing a lot of the heating (and hot water on-demand). Pre-setup for the remote heating apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Crazy money.What is the build quality like.

• Advertisement

Crazy money.What is the build quality like.

Depends on your interpretion of crazy money I suppose. Build quality is good though.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

Hi. I've been to see these houses and have been impressed with them. Interested in others views on location and access to public transport. Anyone know anything about the builder ? Good/bad/indifferent reputation?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Hi. I've been to see these houses and have been impressed with them. Interested in others views on location and access to public transport. Anyone know anything about the builder ? Good/bad/indifferent reputation?!

Mod note
    Please PM any such opinions. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭Crybabygeeks

athtrasna wrote: »
    Mod note
    Please PM any such opinions. Thanks

Sure - noted. Should have added in to PM! Thanks.

All the 3 beds are gone sale agreed.

Hi everyone, I paid a holding deposit on a 3 bed in Sion Hill two weeks ago but have not heard anything else re contracts etc? I saw you need to sign within 21 days to get appliance voucher, is this true? For anybody else that has bought one have you signed contracts and paid balance of 10% and how long did it take to receive contracts? Thanks a mill!

So my "February" move-in date is now looking like May. We're in the road up the back of the estate, anyone else being told anything by the estate agent? We basically ring up every few weeks and are given the same spin about it being delayed another month, usually blaming someone external like ESB.

Apparently my latest delay was due to "unforeseen delays like Easter".

So my "February" move-in date is now looking like May. We're in the road up the back of the estate, anyone else being told anything by the estate agent? We basically ring up every few weeks and are given the same spin about it being delayed another month, usually blaming someone external like ESB.

Apparently my latest delay was due to "unforeseen delays like Easter".

Hi Shedite

I am up the back also, initially was due to finish April, but now I have been told that it will not be ready for snagging until the end of May, with move in generally 2 weeks after this so mid June.

Have you a date in May or for your snagging? Have you gotten in to see it yet? How have you gotten on in general?

We are trying to pick colours and it is driving me crazy :) I do notice that there is never any mobile signal when I am up there! Hopefully in the process of being fixed.

smilley004 wrote: »
    Hi Shedite

I am up the back also, initially was due to finish April, but now I have been told that it will not be ready for snagging until the end of May, with move in generally 2 weeks after this so mid June.

Have you a date in May or for your snagging? Have you gotten in to see it yet? How have you gotten on in general?

We are trying to pick colours and it is driving me crazy :) I do notice that there is never any mobile signal when I am up there! Hopefully in the process of being fixed.
    We've been told snagging in mid-April, but have previously been told mid-Feb and mid-Mar so won't be holding my breath. We were up there recently and it looks quite "unfinished" so mid-April looks optimistic.

No, haven't been inside the house yet, just looking for the outside, picked the colors a few months back, just went with showhouse colors - there were too many options!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Hi everyone,

By any chance has anyone bought a three bed at the back? If so, does it have the extra piece of wall that goes in front part of the window!? Is the reason for that structural?

Also, re. adding a few sockets and moving the thermostat from the living area to the kitchen and plumbing the bath for a shower, have any of you requested this? If so, was it expensive or included? Please PM me :)

Advertisement