Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting chilly !!

Options
  • 06-10-2014 2:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

Its that time of the year...... the hunt is on for the cheapest fuel in Louth....
    Any suggestions ???? looking for coal and slack but might try some turf for a change this year too....:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭PCwiggum

I think it's worth popping over the border, it was €11 a 40kg bag last year. I paid over €17 a bag locally last week :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭bigneacy

seen on facebook a place called Jonesborough fuels (:eek:) seem to be fairly cheap. I'd go there myself if I wasn't too lazy to load/unload the bags etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

bigneacy wrote: »
    seen on facebook a place called Jonesborough fuels

THat's be worth a look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28 cilles man

fellow posters just got polish coal in the Ardee Fiiling station , South of the town for €14 a bag (40kg), and it appears to be of top quality. He appears well stocked with doubles and English coal, but it comes to be the cheapest in louth area that I have seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

Place in newry you can get tonne bags for €120 not sure of the name

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭bmcc10

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭whereto now

cilles man wrote: »
    fellow posters just got polish coal in the Ardee Fiiling station , South of the town for €14 a bag (40kg), and it appears to be of top quality. He appears well stocked with doubles and English coal, but it comes to be the cheapest in louth area that I have seen.

Thats a good price, I see King coal off exit 20 on M1 are doing 5 bags of polish coal for 67 euro, works out at 13.40 a bag if my brains working, :) only catch is you have to collect but its a good deal too......Ardees closer though so might drop over there....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭macadam

bmcc10 wrote: »
    Where is this place?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭enricoh

that king coal is great stuff, head up every year n get a pallet between a few of the family.
    theres huge difference in quality of coal, got a bag of coal over the border n threw it out - it just smoked for hours. get a sample bag b4 a ton bag- or let someone else be guinea pig!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

enricoh wrote: »
    that king coal is great stuff, head up every year n get a pallet between a few of the family.
    theres huge difference in quality of coal, got a bag of coal over the border n threw it out - it just smoked for hours. get a sample bag b4 a ton bag- or let someone else be guinea pig!!

I'd agree about testing coal out. There is a lot of poor quality coal about. Some smokes without heat, others are full of stones, and some give out fierce heat but burn out too quickly and burn out the grate as well because it is not designed for domestic use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement