Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How Much Water does a Water Softener Use?

• 06-10-2014 2:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭

Does anyone know how much water a water softener uses per flush? I realise that it may depend on the size of the softener etc but I wonder if there is a general average for domestic, under the sink type, softeners. Or maybe a range. I saw on the net that an average softener uses about 25 litres per flush, but I don't know if this is reliable.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Aeneas

So then ......I just telephoned the manufacturer and asked them. My particular model flushes the system every two days. Each flush takes between 30 and 40 litres of water. A t current Irish Water rates that's an annual cost of about €35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

Aeneas wrote: »
    So then ......I just telephoned the manufacturer and asked them. My particular model flushes the system every two days. Each flush takes between 30 and 40 litres of water. A t current Irish Water rates that's an annual cost of about €35.

Wow thats a lot, i read before some are horrendous regarding auto-flush. Go to youtube and enter - water waste reverse osmosis (ro) truth

Sorry i cant send links yet! but if you think your scenario is bad check that link out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 245 ✭✭Aeneas

Par1 wrote: »
    Wow thats a lot, i read before some are horrendous regarding auto-flush. Go to youtube and enter - water waste reverse osmosis (ro) truth

Sorry i cant send links yet! but if you think your scenario is bad check that link out

Well, I didn't think 70 cent a week was too bad. Especially when I look at what showering, flushing, washing machine and dishwasher will cost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

Aeneas wrote: »
    Well, I didn't think 70 cent a week was too bad. Especially when I look at what showering, flushing, washing machine and dishwasher will cost.

Id agree...70 cent is tiny when you consider the benefits especially to water appliances etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭funnyname

You could change your system to an Italian product called ZeroCal, it was already installed in a house we just bought and it seems to work well. A friend got it installed at the beginning of the year and raves about it. It is distributed by a company based in Oranmore and stocked by a lot of hardware stores.

• Advertisement
Advertisement