Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Leisureworld Rebel Run 10km Oct.19th (Cork City)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭ClashCityRocker

I'm doing this, just gonna be jogging round as i'm doing Chicago marathon this weekend, but looking forward to doing my "local" race for the first time!

Will it be ok for someone else to collect my race pack, as i wont actually get into Cork until sat evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭opus

Will it be ok for someone else to collect my race pack, as i wont actually get into Cork until sat evening?

I'm in as well, didn't realise you had to collect stuff in advance 'til I saw your post! No problem getting stuff for you, fire me a pm closer to the day & we can arrange something.

opus wrote: »
    I'm in as well, didn't realise you had to collect stuff in advance 'til I saw your post! No problem getting stuff for you, fire me a pm closer to the day & we can arrange something.

Cheers Opus. I just meant would it be ok if someone else collected on my behalf, my brother can pick it up for me. As in he won't need ID or some sort of confirmation from me that he can collect on my behalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭mr.wiggle

Cheers Opus. I just meant would it be ok if someone else collected on my behalf, my brother can pick it up for me. As in he won't need ID or some sort of confirmation from me that he can collect on my behalf.

Id say send on your brother your confirmation email with your details. .should be enough id say.

mr.wiggle wrote: »
    Id say send on your brother your confirmation email with your details. .should be enough id say.

Agree it shouldn't a problem, it's not the olympics after all :) I collected numbers for 3 people for the Clon marathon last year & all I had to do was give their names.

• Advertisement

How did you find it today? It's a nice testing course I think with the rolling hills although the bit of wind today made some of them a bit annoying. Finishing on the CIT track is nice touch at the end to spur you on!

opus wrote: »
    How did you find it today? It's a nice testing course I think with the rolling hills although the bit of wind today made some of them a bit annoying. Finishing on the CIT track is nice touch at the end to spur you on!

It was great! Even though I run around here a lot I've never taken that left turn off model farm road before (always head out to the guide dogs building then back in straight road) so it was a new experience. Hillier than I anticipated and wind was strong at times but it was a nice challenge. The fact I wasn't running for a time and just there to enjoy it meant no pressure on myself - ended up running 39:01 which was just 2 secs off a pb. Legs held up surprisingly well after Chicago last week. Organisation was fantastic too, loads of fruit and water at the end and great support from marshals all the way round. How did you find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭outforarun

very well organized race, again.

said i'd throw my report up here

It was great! Even though I run around here a lot I've never taken that left turn off model farm road before (always head out to the guide dogs building then back in straight road) so it was a new experience. Hillier than I anticipated and wind was strong at times but it was a nice challenge. The fact I wasn't running for a time and just there to enjoy it meant no pressure on myself - ended up running 39:01 which was just 2 secs off a pb. Legs held up surprisingly well after Chicago last week. Organisation was fantastic too, loads of fruit and water at the end and great support from marshals all the way round. How did you find it?

Wow that was a great result a week after Chicago! Was my last session before the Frankfurt marathon next Sunday so was coming at it from the opposite side :) Thankfully it went fine.

Noticed they withheld results for 8 people, first time I've seen the 'no-headphones' rule actually enforced!
    Please Note: Results withheld for the following bib numbers:
    225, 258, 495, 513, 578, 618, 734, 743
    Due to wearing of headphones

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Good to see a race actually following through with the threat. I think they did it last year aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

I really enjoyed this event. Very well organised all round, and lovely course. I'd like to do it again.

Advertisement