Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I make a one off POS payment of fees for university (Wales) using Visa Debit card

Options
  • 06-10-2014 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭

I need to pay tuition fees for a distance learning course in a UK university.
    They have asked me to pay by Visa but I do not have a credit card.

I have a Visa Debit card linked with my current account and my account has sufficient cleared funds to cover the amount. Is there a limit to how much i can pay at a POS using the debit card? And do i need to contact the bank in advance to ensure the payment is not queried?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

trekkypj wrote: »
    I need to pay tuition fees for a distance learning course in a UK university.
    They have asked me to pay by Visa but I do not have a credit card.

I have a Visa Debit card linked with my current account and my account has sufficient cleared funds to cover the amount. Is there a limit to how much i can pay at a POS using the debit card? And do i need to contact the bank in advance to ensure the payment is not queried?

Many thanks.
    Hi trekkypj,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards. 

Yes you can use your Visa Debit card up to the available funds on your account. It would not be necessary to give notice prior to this transaction. If it is a particularly large transaction, the retailer may break up this payment into smaller amounts.

I hope this helps. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need help with any other query. 

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement