Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying laptops for cleint

Options
  • 06-10-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

A client of mine has a team of four staff, He wants to upgrade their laptops.

Nothing extraordinary needed - just reliable machines for spreadsheet/email/web normal kinda operations. Nothing too fancy.

But he wants them to be a somewhat future-proof so he doesn’t mind spending a little more -He's not on a complete budget.

What high-street retailer would you guys recommend?

I'm near Blanch so I've PC World / Dixons /Harvey Norman...

I'm kinda leaning towards Harvey Norman in the retail park but would be interested in seeing what you guys thought.

Thanks -

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭notmymark

If its for a business I wouldn't go near any of the stores. Buy direct from Dell, HP or Lenovo. If you buy from a consumer store you will get a consumer laptop and not a business one. Business laptops, aside from being built tough and to last, will have easily available replacement parts and will come with a Pro version of the OS (this will come in handy if in the future they need to set-up a network).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Buy direct from Lenovo would be my recommendation.
    Sturdy well built machines which will be as future proof as you can get really.
    You would be mad to buy from a shop for business machines

• Closed Accounts Posts: 990 ✭✭✭timetogo

Dabs4work.ie

Or

Elara.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Thanks for the feedback guys - much appreciated!

Advertisement