Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hozier - Olympia Theatre Dec 4th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Everywhere went within a minute, same with cork and kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭RQ2013

I was lucky enough to get 2 standing for Dublin... Few of us trying but no one else got them. Hopefully he puts on second night for those who missed out

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Cainer

Didn't seem to be any tickets available for Dublin at all, been trying unsuccessfully since 9am. He could have easily sold out the 3Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭CapriSunFun

This is ridiculous! Phoning ticketmaster currently but I know I've no chance. Couldn't get any for the presale yesterday, even though I was online bang on 11am, same thing this morning. One concert in dublin in such a small venue of course was going to sell out in seconds, hopefully he'll add extra dublin dates because of demand. Arghhhhh!

Edit: if you're phoning ticketmaster, hang in there! I was waiting for ages and almost gave up hope but eventually got 2 seating tickets for Killarney! Yay! Dunno how I'll get time off work but I don't care, hozierrr!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ciaraniaodh

I was on the presale yesterday at 11am and straight away there were no tickets.

I was on today at 9am and again straight away there were no tickets.

I hate ticketmaster, seems to be like this all the time now for popular concerts, there are never any tickets left at the time it goes on general release.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭Duff

Got 2 for Kerry in the basket on Ticketmaster, went to pay and they were gone! The purpose of the timer is to stop this. Farce.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭i124Q

Cainer wrote: »
    Didn't seem to be any tickets available for Dublin at all, been trying unsuccessfully since 9am. He could have easily sold out the 3Arena.

It's a pity John Bishop is in the 3Arena that night... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

If they were doing the process correctly they would only allow a small percentage of tickets for presale and then the rest for general release....Heres hoping he plays on the 3rd!

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭ilovetorun

No luck for me either and I was on since 9am, not a happy camper :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

I must have been lucky because I got 2 no problem using the ticketmaster app. I even messed up the payment and had to do it twice and still got through without issue.

There is no point in blaming ticketmaster here, there was more demand than there was supply. unfortunate but true.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

lc180 wrote: »
    There is no point in blaming ticketmaster here, there was more demand than there was supply. unfortunate but true.
    Exactly. I don't know why people blame Ticketmaster when they can't get tickets. If you have 50k people looking for 1k tickets you're going to have more disappointed people than happy people. It's just the luck of the draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭bleach94

Agree with Skeg, seems unfair that there were little to no tickets left for the general sale. Surely a limit should have been put on the number going on presale! Got two standing tickets for Cork myself so can't complain but it seems harsh on those who missed out just by virtue of not being on the official mailing list.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Gutted isn't the word :( tried every ire venue since 9 :( very cruel

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Got two in the presale yesterday. Tried to get more for friends and was logged in before 9am, gone in seconds.

I feel bad for people that didn't get tickets tbh. :o

Two pairs for the Olympia up on eBay already... One person is looking for €300, the other is looking for €400. That kind of thing really p1sses me off. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Tuhula

bleach94 wrote: »
    t it seems harsh on those who missed out just by virtue of not being on the official mailing list.
    I only signed up on the mailing list on Tuesday when I heard that tickets were going on sale in the hope that there would be a presale, there was a presale and luckily got tickets yesterday. But I do think it was pure luck.

I dont think people can blame ticketmaster, demand is always going to be higher than supply but I would love to know how many tickets actually were on sale to the general public, either through the presales and this morning. How many tickets are held up for media, competitions, other people in the entertainment industry. Wait and see, the amount of sports stars and well known people will all get their tickets. That annoys me when the genuine fans miss out. Not saying these people arent fans, they may well be, but would love to know the breakdown of distribution of tickets, for this and all other gigs

Two pairs for the Olympia up on eBay already... One person is looking for €300, the other is looking for €400. That kind of thing really p1sses me off. :mad:

This really pushes me over the edge

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭HiGlo

Yeah, sold out in about 20 seconds apparently...... My friend in Ticketmaster couldn't even score me any.

Olympia is a small venue. 1,600 capacity. Say, 200-400 avail on pre sale and then the rest on general release today. Sure if just 300 people get through and buy 4 each that's the lot gone...... Nothing to do with Ticketmaster - purely supply/demand issue.

Have to say, I wouldn't be that interested to see Hozier in The Point. He'd be lost in there.

Those vultures on the internet selling for €300/400 are just disgusting. Hate that ****.
    Years back it was the same story with The Script when they first started out - one night gig in The Olympia with huge demand for tickets. People were selling them for €100/150 each but I somehow found a lovely person on the internet selling them at face value and scored 2 tickets for €50.

HiGlo wrote: »
    Those vultures on the internet selling for €300/400 are just disgusting. Hate that ****.
    Years back it was the same story with The Script when they first started out - one night gig in The Olympia with huge demand for tickets. People were selling them for €100/150 each but I somehow found a lovely person on the internet selling them at face value and scored 2 tickets for €50.

What about the people that create the demand by buying them?

• Registered Users Posts: 45,494 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Just troll the touts

From Hozier;
    Overwhelmed with the response to the Irish tour this morning. Sorry to anyone who tried but couldn't get tickets. There will be more dates next year.
    For people wondering, the Irish pre-sale was for a very limited number of tickets only. The majority of tickets for all shows went on sale through Ticketmaster this morning and sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

HiGlo wrote: »
    Have to say, I wouldn't be that interested to see Hozier in The Point. He'd be lost in there.

Same as.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭gerbilgranny

^^^^ Am also of the same opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭skeg16

Scum of the earth:y6ZuOBl.jpg

I was nearly going to text him some abuse but don't want to waste my credit on the thief!

skeg16 wrote: »
    Scum of the earth

I was nearly going to text him some abuse but don't want to waste my credit on the thief!

I know this isnt exactly illegal but WTF!!! how can so many fans not be able to get tickets and this guy gets all these. HOW HOW HOW

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

The only way to stop the touts is dont buy off them. There have been gigs where i was unlucky and didnt get tickets for certain gigs but i would never buy them off a tout. Especially with Toutless.com available to us that would be the place i would keep an eye out on to see of a ticket pops up , Also keep trying TM every so often because sometimes they re-release tickets out of the blue.

Can see him announcing a 3Arena and Odyessy show after the tour in Dec to cash in on the christmas ticket market

The only way to stop the touts is dont buy off them. There have been gigs where i was unlucky and didnt get tickets for certain gigs but i would never buy them off a tout. Especially with Toutless.com available to us that would be the place i would keep an eye out on to see of a ticket pops up , Also keep trying TM every so often because sometimes they re-release tickets out of the blue.

Can see him announcing a 3Arena and Odyessy show after the tour in Dec to cash in on the christmas ticket market

I don't know why anybody buys off touts anymore. It's not like years ago when if you missed an artist playing somewhere you'd have to wait another 10 years to see them. Artists make their money from touring so they're constantly gigging. He'll play at least 3 nights in the Point next year.

Why would someone pay €300 for a couple of tickets when you could just go and see him in some European city for the same money.

He'll probably do The Marquee and Iveagh Gardens...well hopefully anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 45,494 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Touts are scum but idiots paying crazy sums for tickets are creating the demand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,384 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

siblers wrote: »
    He'll probably do The Marquee and Iveagh Gardens...well hopefully anyway

Marquee is run by Aiken, Hozier's record company is MCD owned. Iveagh would be a good shout though!

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Marquee is run by Aiken, Hozier's record company is MCD owned. Iveagh would be a good shout though!

Ah bollocks..was hoping for something in Munster

Advertisement