Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Series 4

Options
  • 06-10-2014 6:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭

Una Healy Foden and Rachel Stevens in as new judges with Kian and Bressie returning too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

I read this on another site this morning and thought it must have been a joke. Rachel Stevens, really? She seems like a pleasant enough girl but she's not exactly a big personality. She'll just be drowned out by the other three. I also don't see many singers choosing her either, it's been years since she's had a hit and I can't imagine she has many "connections" in the music industry these days.

The weirdest thing about it though is having three pop singers on the panel. Aren't the judges usually supposed to represent a different genre of music each?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

RTE TEN wrote:
    Úna Foden and Rachel Stevens have been confirmed as the new coaches on The Voice of Ireland on RTÉ One, joining Bressie and Kian Egan when the show returns in January 2015.

The Saturdays' Foden said of her new role: "I'm delighted to be a part of the fantastic team behind The Voice of Ireland; I love the show and I can't wait to sit in that chair."

She continued: "I know the talent that Ireland has to offer so that button is going to see a lot of action. I'm excited to be working with Bressie, Kian and Rachel but it will be me who finds this year's winner!"

Solo artist and former S Club 7 star Stevens said: "I'm a big fan of The Voice so I can't wait to join the team of coaches on The Voice of Ireland this year."

Stevens continued: "I'm sure it will be great fun, but most of all, I'm looking forward to listening to the great vocal talent that Ireland has to offer each week and to securing a team of people who have excited me enough to make me push that button for them.

"When I turn my chair, it will be for someone really special who gets under my skin and I truly believe has what it takes to make it to the final."

Filming on The Voice of Ireland's Blind Auditions begin this month, with the show back on RTÉ One on January 4 2015.

The winner of the most recent series, Brendan McCahey, will release his single Sweet Love on October 31.

It is taken from his album To Where I Begin, out November 14.

Larry Bass of the show's producers Screentime Shinawil said of the upcoming series: "We are delighted to announce this year's coach line-up. It's a welcome return for two-time winner Bressie and Kian Egan. Kian is seeking his first win, although he came close before - Kian is determined to win this year!

"New to the coach line-up we have Úna Foden, who has done it all in the world of music, including entering shows like this. Úna stuck at it and has had a remarkable career with The Saturdays. Úna as a Tipperary girl will know exactly what it takes to get to the top.

"And finally, we introduce Rachel Stevens to Irish audiences as a coach. Rachel has also scaled the heights of the pop world, not only as a member of S Club 7, but also with her solo career, so we look forward to Rachel adding even more glamour to The Voice this year."

John McHugh, Head of Entertainment RTÉ, added: "I am thrilled that Úna Foden and Rachel Stevens have joined The Voice of Ireland and I know they'll be an amazing addition to the show. Both Úna and Rachel are talented artists with a string of hits and have the expertise to spot a star.

"It'll be interesting to see how Kian and Bressie will react, as competition between the coaches is bound to intensify this year."

tumblr_inline_mwkvfa83IH1rzgs9v.gif

:o:o:o:o:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

Well, I am very happy to see the lovely Rachel gracing our screens every Sunday :) The Licence Fee put to good use, for once.

Still no sign of any Voice of Ireland alumni making even the slightest dent in the charts, though. It's a solid enough ratings grabber, but it doesn't seem to have any relevance to the Music Industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

bopper wrote: »
    I read this on another site this morning and thought it must have been a joke. Rachel Stevens, really? She seems like a pleasant enough girl but she's not exactly a big personality. She'll just be drowned out by the other three. I also don't see many singers choosing her either, it's been years since she's had a hit and I can't imagine she has many "connections" in the music industry these days.

The weirdest thing about it though is having three pop singers on the panel. Aren't the judges usually supposed to represent a different genre of music each?

Rachel is more known for lad mags and topping sexiest polls than music

I think someone from the country music genre should be a judge as Jim Devine is the biggest artist to come out of the show, maybe Una's uncle Declan Nerney :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I think someone from the country music genre should be a judge as Jim Devine is the biggest artist to come out of the show, maybe Una's uncle Declan Nerney :p

Or - dare I say it - Mike Denver. :o:o:o:D:D:D;););)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

I wonder how much Steven's Management company paid for her to get that seat! Nice way of recouping costs well done RTE!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,466 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I heard a bit about this news on Ray Darcy's radio show this morning.

I heard on the show that Jamelia has a tour planned for her new album very soon so that is why she is not available on this series of the Voice of Ireland this year.

bopper wrote: »

I would say Bressie is pop as well, pop rock perhaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I dont think I'm gonna be able to watch it this year... That Una Healy wan, I'm sure she's a nice girl, but her accent wrecks my head... It sounds like an american actress in an oirish film... And all the usual cliche "I really want this person on my team", "You have the potential to win this competition (and be famous for the whole next month)".....

The show really has no credibility with those judges... I'll give Bressie a small pass on the few decent songs he had with The Blizzards, but it's not like he was world famous..... And I think his looks (more so than his musical prowess) that make Bressie appealing for the producers to have him on, cos all the girls will watch for him... But the others are really just glorified backing singers, who were chosen for manufactured bands because they were good looking, not because they are good singers.. And these people are coaching other people?

Well, RTE are certainly wasting no time in getting this series to the air - before the first 91 hours of the year have elapsed, in fact.

In contrast, the BBC are waiting a further 144 hours...

:eek: :rolleyes: :o:D;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

And the musicality begins

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

Both versions are a bit of a joke as I've never heard another thing from any of the winners. In fact Kelly Mongan (runner up) is the only Irish one I heard about since, won't stop me watching though

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Anyone watching ? It's all very predictable so far! I could have written the judges comments myself! :)

At least Rachel Stevens is a good replacement for Jamelia- looks wise anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Happy New Year everyone!....

Ah it's great to be back from the Time Machine I found myself in from last season!! :)

" I'm not buying his records,he's got scars on his hands" really? Wouldnt bother me

Decent start

Was it the "picked up guitar at 12" that swayed him towards Una?

D&G belt- the man has taste

Could 1 of the 13 kids told him he can't sing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

I don't predict a turn for him!

I'm a bit lost for words.....John's a grand man but no great shakes....first up at weddings I'd say....

Not a hope, bless

Wouldn't be my style...

Not bad at all. Didn't like the rap though. She has the potential to be very good

• Registered Users Posts: 14,616 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jaysis I enjoyed that girl.

Her voice is a tiny bit squeaky when high but she's good.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

I can see where this is going ,big sob story a la v factor for each contestant.
    And how obese is this country getting ?

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭revisionist

I can see where this is going ,big sob story a la x factor for each contestant.
    And how obese is this country getting ?

Ah, it's a bit harsh to be using the term "obese"

You look heavier on telly than in real life, I'd rather a girl with a decent figure than a starving looking teen...

• Advertisement

This girl Kelley looks like Charlotte from Geordie Shore

Advertisement