Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Voice of Ireland - Series 4

Options
1414243444547»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭CFlat

greenfrogs wrote: »
    I think people should have realistic expectations when they go on this type of show. Especially here in Ireland where there are usually limited opportunities. However to have an album to your name is extremely impressive. I am sure it is also a fantastic experience. I just wouldn't be expecting a contestant to go on to be an 'international star'. I think the judges are wrong to build up the contestants hopes.

I agree with all of that. I think there is far too much bigging up singers expectations with..oh you'll be a superstar rubbish. I'd go so far as to say its actually bloody unfair to do it.

I'd say though Brendan is around too long to have believed all that drivel and I'd imagine he's carving out a nice little gigging scene for himself in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,271 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I thought it was a very poor finale

Well done to Patrick, he should get himself out there straight away playing as many gigs as possible and milking it as much as he can as none of the past winners have done well, I think the biggest artist to come out this show has been the fella who Kian had from NI who now is a Country and Irish artist Jim Devine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,038 ✭✭✭Go Harvey Go

Random observation: all four winners have been men.

:o:o:o:D:);)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭United Chester Men

Random observation: all four winners have been men.

:o:o:o:D:);)

not that random considering the demograph of voters! Not that he didn't deserve to beat the rest of the final 4 but I do think RTE spun a lot of PR and propoganda in his favour as he is the most distinguishable artist, sound wise (although the little red haired girl was good tonight). He had a bit of a production for both of his songs also on stage whilst the other three's performances, in terms of dancers/backing singers were very subdued.

not that random considering the demograph of voters! Not that he didn't deserve to beat the rest of the final 4 but I do think RTE spun a lot of PR and propoganda in his favour as he is the most distinguishable artist, sound wise (although the little red haired girl was good tonight). He had a bit of a production for both of his songs also on stage whilst the other three's performances, in terms of dancers/backing singers were very subdued.

No, no, no - it's my observation that's random. :o:D:);)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Emma was robbed. While I think Patrick is an ok singer, he is nothing special really. He has a sob story that sells well but Emma was by far the more talented singer. Gutted she didn't win but actually might be good for her. If she is wise she will give the Uk Voice a shot and wipe the floor with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

I think Emma was the most talented by far however, while I loved her performance of the Bjork song the week before last and 'what kind of man' last week I hated her song in the finals. She has a fantastic voice and her second song in the finals (what was it - I hated it!), was just bland and took away from her voice. Out of all of them I;d think she will be the one to be a success.
    Sarah was hit and miss, Paddys first song I thought was awful but second one was brilliant. The other lad, i couldnt understand why the judges were okay with him basically singing karaoke? There was nothing unique about either performance.

Loved Unas darker hair it looked brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Eimear Clarke

I was very impressed by all four acts. I really enjoyed watching Emma, she is really unigue. Have to say it was the first night i was impressed by Sarah. If anything I didn't like,it was the judges performance in the opening of the show, it lacked a little life.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,328 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Did anyone else notice at the start of the show, when the judges all sang the song 'Should I say or should I go'

At the end Una tried to say thank you but forgot the microphone usually isn't turned on when your miming!

a judge on a singing competition miming. ha.

I think Emma was the most talented by far however, while I loved her performance of the Bjork song the week before last and 'what kind of man' last week I hated her song in the finals. She has a fantastic voice and her second song in the finals (what was it - I hated it!), was just bland and took away from her voice. Out of all of them I;d think she will be the one to be a success.
    Sarah was hit and miss, Paddys first song I thought was awful but second one was brilliant. The other lad, i couldnt understand why the judges were okay with him basically singing karaoke? There was nothing unique about either performance.

Loved Unas darker hair it looked brilliant!

Bland is one word you could never use to describe Kate Bush's music! Quite the opposite in my view! It isn't everyone's cup of tea though but it is very distinguishable and original genre of songs. My version of bland were Sarah and the other guy's basically copy versions, karaoke style even, of their songs. I don't get why people think just because a pop song is popular (Beyonce, Jessie J, Marroon 5, The Script) in the charts it is going to make them stand out. Quite the opposite tbh. Now that is bland!

• Advertisement

Confirmed to return for a fifth series next year.

Can't say I'm surprised. :o:o :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0613/707884-the-voice-of-ireland-to-return-to-rte-one-in-2016/

http://www.rte.ie/ten/news/2015/0613/707884-the-voice-of-ireland-to-return-to-rte-one-in-2016/

No Ireland's Got Talent so for Lulu Walsh unless TV3 will home it :p

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    No Ireland's Got Talent so for Lulu Walsh unless TV3 will home it :p

Irelands got talent would be a terrible idea! The english version is bad enough now, can you imagine our version with 1/12 of the amount of people! And no money to go into the production!!

Irelands got talent would be a terrible idea! The english version is bad enough now, can you imagine our version with 1/12 of the amount of people! And no money to go into the production!!

We already had All Ireland Talent Show a few years back

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We already had All Ireland Talent Show a few years back

yes and this won it................................. enough said,.............

0002134e-630.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

as if they haven't already wrung the last drop out of the tea bag that is Ireland's singing talent ages ago

Advertisement