Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boarding Kennels

• 06-10-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Looking for your help please.

I'm looking for a really good Boarding Kennels in the counties of either Laois, Tipperary, Offaly or Limerick. It's for my 4 yr old Shih tzu who last month we found out was completely blind.

Ideally I'd prefer to leave him with someone who takes a small number of dogs into their own home as opposed to a kennel that takes lots of dogs. As Charlie is blind - that environment just doesn't suit as he's very nervous.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Is Tullamore in Offaly a runner?
    Ger runs the Tullamore Pet Hotel, it's a home boarding service. She has donkey's years of experience and is a good dog trainer too :) You need not worry about how your dog will be cared for, Ger is a gem :)

https://m.facebook.com/tullamorepethotel?_rdr

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Primrose Lane

Thank you Dbb for your recommendation but unfortunately Tullamore is 40min out of my way. Ideally I'm looking for somewhere between Borris-in-Ossory & Shannon airport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Sounds like it's worth the diversion. :) Can't think of anyone to recommend to you in Limerick or between Limerick and Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭eoglyn

DBB recommended geraldine to me here a couple of years ago. I couldn't agree more, geraldine is amazing. Worth the diversion to get someone like her that will give great care and will give you peace of mind when you are away. Geraldine even already has a blind yellow lab herself.

I'd be surprised if you find anywhere more suitable - if you do it would be great to know that there are more out there.

The only thing is i think she usually checks if males are entire or not - you'd need to check all that out with her.

I think it is common for home boarding places to only take male dogs if they are neutered.

Advertisement