Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Talk to buttons

Options
  • 06-10-2014 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭

Have a issue where by in a thread the buttons to say reply,multi quote and thank A post do nothing. The only way to reply is at the bottom of the thread so you can't quote a users post. Happened on the upc section. If it makes a difference the issue is occurring on a. iPad runing the latest iOS.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Bump

Any plans to fix this let alone respond?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Same here. You can't reply or multi quote.
    Also, on any of the "talk to" forums, as soon as I touch the screen, it bring up the keyboard. Once you clear the keyboard it is fine again, until you go into a thread, come out, and scroll down again. Works perfectly on the other types of forums.

On IPad 4 and iPad mini retina on full desktop version. Version 8.1.3 of iOS.

The solution I have come to is just not to use the talk to section unless I am on a computer.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

In the Talk Tos on desktop, if you click on 'Reply' you should be brought straight to the reply box with the relevant post quoted. If you click on MultiQuote the relevant quote(s) should also be added to the reply box at the bottom of the page.

If this is still not happening for you can you tell us what browser and version of the browser you are using please?

Sorry this got missed first time around.

EDIT: I see whiterebel has already included that information. Shanec1928 can you let me know what you are using also? Thanks.

• Advertisement

In the Talk Tos on desktop, if you click on 'Reply' you should be brought straight to the reply box with the relevant post quoted. If you click on MultiQuote the relevant quote(s) should also be added to the reply box at the bottom of the page.

If this is still not happening for you can you tell us what browser and version of the browser you are using please?

Sorry this got missed first time around.

EDIT: I see whiterebel has already included that information. Shanec1928 can you let me know what you are using also? Thanks.
    I have it in my first post that I am also using a iPad with latest iOS

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

On Apollo browser, keyboard flashes up, and disappears again straight away. Still a problem with Safari.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement