Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

incompetence... way beyond that i think

Options
  • 06-10-2014 7:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭

Moved home..took my custom to eircom with me..change of address and broadband order went through easily enough..despite some lenghty 'on holds' ...

Engineer out and puts in a new line no probs..gotta wait for them to turn me on now he says (regarding broadbsnd) line was working fine.. i know it will be just the very basic speed as it was at my last address but id no problem with that. Tell me to ring in 2 days to give them a nudge to get me up n running..

I do that.. told it takes 5 to 10 working days.. so i wait.. 1 week..nothing..2 weeks..nothing..i ring..on hold 25 mins.. told that they pinged my line before i even had a line and obviously i had no signal..so order was not processed ???!!! ..in short..nothing happened in the 2 weeks..nothing at all.. so he apologises and escalates my order..tells me it will take 5 days .. (i mean seriously,its a 1st world country we are in)

..so 5 more days ..still nothing...i ring again...more holding.. get talking to a woman..tell her the story.. she says hang on i check... 2 mins later im back to square 1..speaking to someone who had no idea i was even on hold with someone else !! .. and repeat the story to her... rinse repeat but this time they hang up !

So i cool my rising temper and call again..more holding..through again.. they tell me there is a major fault on my line (tell them its a new line ) then she tells me i never orderd broadband ...

Ive had enough..tell her so.. want to cancel..told to ring back tomorrow before 5pm..

Ask to make a complaint..told i cant until my case was escslated..i told her it was last week..refuses to take my complaint..

I mean for christs sake..i was trying to give eircom my custom..i was chasing ye for 3 weeks to try give you my money...how stupid am i..there are other companies out there..

Heads would roll in a properly run company..and it would not take weeks once a line has been installed to start actually providing the custom you advertise... im actually bewilderd that a major company is run in this way.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Moved home..took my custom to eircom with me..change of address and broadband order went through easily enough..despite some lenghty 'on holds' ...

Engineer out and puts in a new line no probs..gotta wait for them to turn me on now he says (regarding broadbsnd) line was working fine.. i know it will be just the very basic speed as it was at my last address but id no problem with that. Tell me to ring in 2 days to give them a nudge to get me up n running..

I do that.. told it takes 5 to 10 working days.. so i wait.. 1 week..nothing..2 weeks..nothing..i ring..on hold 25 mins.. told that they pinged my line before i even had a line and obviously i had no signal..so order was not processed ???!!! ..in short..nothing happened in the 2 weeks..nothing at all..  so he apologises and escalates my order..tells me it will take 5 days .. (i mean seriously,its a 1st world country we are in)

..so 5 more days ..still nothing...i ring again...more holding.. get talking to a woman..tell her the story.. she says hang on i check... 2 mins later im back to square 1..speaking to someone who had no idea i was even on hold with someone else !! .. and repeat the story to her... rinse repeat but this time they hang up !  

So i cool my rising temper and call again..more holding..through again.. they tell me there is a major fault on my line (tell them its a new line )  then she tells me i never orderd broadband ...

Ive had enough..tell her so.. want to cancel..told to ring back tomorrow before 5pm..

Ask to make a complaint..told i cant until my case was escslated..i told her it was last week..refuses to take my complaint..

I mean for christs sake..i was trying to give eircom my custom..i was chasing ye for 3 weeks to try give you my money...how stupid am i..there are other companies out there..

Heads would roll in a properly run company..and it would not take weeks once a line has been installed to start actually providing the custom you advertise... im actually bewilderd that a major company is run in this way.
    Hi marklazarcovic

I'm very sorry to hear of this and apologise for the level of disappointment you must feel. Can you please PM me your order number or account number and I will look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 6,216 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Hi marklazarcovic

I'm very sorry to hear of this and apologise for the level of disappointment you must feel. Can you please PM me your order number or account number and I will look in to this further.

Thanks
    Al

Its grand alan..i cancelled it earlier without issue..this thread is a warning to others.. eircom customer service is terribly run.. company will go under in the future..

Advertisement