Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pir & Table Lamp

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

danjo-xx wrote: »
    I just wanted a simple answer, not a course in electronics:D

thanks lads.

Simple answer: Use the wireless device I suggested. This will be the cheapest, easiest to install set up you could hope for. It also offers maximum flexibility and can easily be installed by a competent person.

If you insist on a hard wired solution:

Option 1: My favourite, install a 12V PIR in the garden. Wire it in a cheap cable (such as poly poly) back to a contactor in the distribution board. This can then switch the required socket circuit.

Option 2: Install a 230V PIR in the garden. Wire it in SWA back to a contactor in the distribution board. This can then switch the required socket circuit.

Option 3: Supply a PIR in the garden from a spur outlet. Feed the PIR with a 4 core SWA. Feed the table lamp from the same PIR.

There are advantages & disadvantages to the above suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

thanks for the info guys, if I was going for anything now I think it would be the wireless option.

Steinel looks quality stuff but by god it aint half dear, one item that was linked to above I checked amazon and it was 83 sterling.:eek:

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

danjo-xx wrote: »
    thanks for the info guys, if I was going for anything now I think it would be the wireless option.

Steinel looks quality stuff but by god it aint half dear, one item that was linked to above I checked amazon and it was 83 sterling.:eek:

It is expensive but overall the material price alone will be very much reduced.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

What would be the cheapest way of getting these, online or electrical shop who might give me trade price, do most stock them.

Is pairing them fairly straight forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

Steinel Distributer - STC Socket Tool Co Ltd

http://www.sockettool.ie/

They are based in Dublin as far as i know and seem like good guys. Give them a call and they should be able to help you

• Advertisement
Advertisement