Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home heating system

Options
  • 06-10-2014 8:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Went for an interview today with a small company who do mostly domestic. And was asked if i had done many home heating systems. My honest answer was no i have mainly being involved in industrial. Im starting on monday for a trial and would like to prepare as best i can.
    I know there is probaly variations in different systems but would anyone have any info or maybe a link to the wiring of such,

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Par1

I cant post links but check out heating 'Y' plans and heating 'S' plan they cover the majority of basic heating installations.

They cover i.e mid position valves (3 port) and 2 port valves, cylinder stats, wall stats, programmers etc which you are probably familiar with....solar/Hybrid systems are not as common but they are there just be aware of them but you will be trained on them as they tend to be unique to an installation.

Best Of Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭BrianDug

Just to add - checkout ESB's document on night storage heating control wiring for different types of heating systems.

Don't know if you will get much from it but its worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

OP Best of luck with the new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

If stuck.
    Post here or Plumbing & Heating forum.
    We happily help the good guys.
    Or ask the guys your with.

Worst mistake anybody can make is not asking.
    Best wishes.
    M.

Advertisement