Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cat watch BBC 2 Tue,Wed and Thurs nights this week

• 06-10-2014 8:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭

This should be good. Its on at 8pm tomorrow night, 9pm Wed night and back to 8pm Thurs night.

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-28795301

Liz Bonnin joins forces with some of the world's top cat experts to conduct a groundbreaking scientific study. With GPS trackers and cat cameras, they follow 100 cats in three different environments.

It will be good, its bbc 2, plus no adds!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Can't wait for this, watched it last year and thought it was great, especially the tracking and how far some actually roam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭taytobreath

twas very good. I was amazed to here that we only have cats as pets in the last 100 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,474 ✭✭✭✭Alun

twas very good. I was amazed to here that we only have cats as pets in the last 100 years.
    Indeed, but cats have had us as pets for much longer :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I enjoyed it, but I thought the farm cats would be ferals so I was a bit disappointed that they weren't. Fantastic footage though, I'll be watching the next 2 episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

I had the Sky box set to record - but forgot to plug it in! Gah!

• Advertisement

boomerang wrote: »
    I had the Sky box set to record - but forgot to plug it in! Gah!

Try You tube or Google it, someone might have uploaded it. The second part is on at the later time of 9 tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,049 ✭✭✭gazzer

Is it wrong that I was willing that cat (the one who left home because of the toddler) to scratch the face of the toddler who kept annoying it :):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

I enjoyed it, but I thought the farm cats would be ferals so I was a bit disappointed that they weren't. Fantastic footage though, I'll be watching the next 2 episodes.

Yeah, I was really surprised how friendly they were towards strangers. Three of mine first came into contact with humans (me) at 8.5 weeks of age. They are huge pets but will bolt as soon as anyone new appears.

sunbeam wrote: »
    Yeah, I was really surprised how friendly they were towards strangers. Three of mine first came into contact with humans (me) at 8.5 weeks of age. They are huge pets but will bolt as soon as anyone new appears.

1 of our cats showed up here as a feral kitten when he was about 3 months old, he was tiny. It took me a year to build his trust to let me touch him, it was about 6 months before he'd even come up to the door. That was a year of sitting outdoors on the ground in all weathers trying to get him to trust me. He's a lap chap now but there's no way he'd let a stranger near him. He's worth all that effort and is the most affectionate little chap.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭sunbeam

1 of our cats showed up here as a feral kitten when he was about 3 months old, he was tiny. It took me a year to build his trust to let me touch him, it was about 6 months before he'd even come up to the door. That was a year of sitting outdoors on the ground in all weathers trying to get him to trust me. He's a lap chap now but there's no way he'd let a stranger near him. He's worth all that effort and is the most affectionate little chap.:)

Mother cat came to us as a pregnant stray and had the kittens in a barn next door. She became very distressed when we'd try and follow her back, so we let her be as we didn't want her to move them. Finally she took them down and hid them in the bushes in our back garden, where I had many happy midnight 'picnics' trying to coax them out. The neighbours thought I had lost the plot entirely and told me they would just go wild. They squabble over who will sit on my lap now and if it is occupied one will usually try to sit on my shoulders. :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement