Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV Engineer/Repairman

Options
  • 06-10-2014 8:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Want to get some work done on the TV set up in my home. Can anyone recommend a good service person preferably in the Sligo town area familiar with Satellite and terrestrial systems please.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

• Registered Users Posts: 20 saltandpepper

Thank you for reply. I contacted him a number of times in past couple of weeks and left messages on phone but got no response so I have to look elsewhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

Sorry about that. I called him a few times a few weeks ago, but like you got no reply, at the time I thought he might have been on holiday, so I ended up re-wiring my own satellite dish. He is normally 100%. Hope all OK.

Have u much to do?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

He was recommended to me by several posters here before. All the PM's were very positive, I did not use him in the end as I changed to UPC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭red sean

Heard recently that tomstv is gone, he's working full time for someone else now. You could try http://sat-planet.ie/index.php?route=common/home or give a ring to Tahenys electrical and they'll recommend someone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 saltandpepper

Hi guys; Thank you for input. At least I can forget about Tom as I also thought he may be on hols. I do need quite a bit of work done. I have a Chorus/Upc system for many years and a Satellite for prob 10 years by now. I also bought a saorview but I have not been able to integrate them all correctly and my system new some re-cabelling and some more modern connections. Add to that I have two recording systems...a Skybox and a hard drive which are not fully integrated either. So a person with some expertise etc is needed. I will try your suggestion of Derry Taheny and see if they have any fresh names

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Isn't there a place across from the four lights? Name escapes me atm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭T-Bird

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Isn't there a place across from the four lights? Name escapes me atm

H Crummy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

Yes Harry Crummy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Wouldn't bother with him, can't even find him in his shop half the time let alone get him to do any work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭dougm1970

tom is very good (toms tv)

Advertisement