Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hosting365 mail and DNS servers

• 06-10-2014 7:26pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I just found out that I had a bunch of domains that still had their MX record pointing at mail.hosting365.ie.

Ever since they dropped support for the old legacy nameservers (ns1.hosting365.ie etc.) a few weeks ago, it seems like the old mail relay has also been unreliable at best. Connectivity problems meant that mails queuing up to get delivered would get deferred and eventually drop out of the mail queue.

I did get their email about changing to the new nameservers, but they forgot to mention that if you're using your own nameservers, but their mailhost, then you need to change that too.

TLDR; If you're using an alternative nameserver for a domain, but have MX records pointing at mail.hosting365.ie, you need to change that to mx1.reg365.net and mx2.reg365.net.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,482 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Don't go digging up threads from years ago like that. I've split your post off into a fresh thread rather than just close it since it has the potential to be useful to people.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 106 ✭✭Moonstar

Ok thanks, I just thought it was a little niche and might be more relevant to some of the original thread posters.

Although I reckon there are still a number of latent hosting365 configured domains around.

Advertisement