Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

INB4 comment about smelling Rafael's feet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

4th

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Actually I'm 4th you were 3rd. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

To this day I still rub my eyes in disbelief that Di Maria and Falcao our utd players.

Headshot wrote: »
    To this day I still rub my eyes in disbelief that Di Maria and Falcao our utd players.

Has anyone seen the video about Van Gaals philosophies about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I also rub something thinking about Falcao and Di Maria...

ZDzE3vs.jpg

My magic lamp, upon which, I wished for them to sign for us. Thanks, lamp!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/2igrko/analysis_of_manchester_uniteds_performance/

Excellent post on reddit that highlights Valencia's contributions to yesterday's game

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Seen a great suggestion for a new chant to the tune of ABBA’s ‘Mamma Mia’. Do you think it will catch on?

♪ Di Maria
    Here he goes again
    Angel, how can he assist you? ♫ ♩

:D

I'm still there with Mata. I don't think it's hit me yet that Angel Di Maria and Radamel Falcao are Utd players, and are both delighted about it apparently!

http://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/2igrko/analysis_of_manchester_uniteds_performance/

Excellent post on reddit that highlights Valencia's contributions to yesterday's game

Have to say that post is fairly inaccurate. Valencia was better than usual but not good by most standards. Still dawdles on the ball and ends up passing backwards. His good marking that the poster points out isn't actually good. He puts so much space between the player and himself that the player has plenty of time to get the pass away.

He lauds him for an obstruction towards the end of the post which I don't particularly follow.

Valencia certainly didn't have a bad game. But it wasn't anything to write home about.

• Advertisement

Keno wrote: »
    I also rub something thinking about Falcao and Di Maria...

My magic lamp, upon which, I wished for them to sign for us. Thanks, lamp!

Great job! I take it there's still one more wish left in that lamp so who else is on the way?? Or is that wish just for Keno? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

The atmosphere in the stadium was very up and down yesterday, but when Falcao scored the place blew its lid, his chant is just infectious. Also I love the constant gratitude Di Maria shows towards the fans during the game, he went to take a corner and some lads rolled down an Argentina flag and he applauded them as he was jogging over to take the corner and that wasn't the only time during the game. Blind is very similar in that respect too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I also love Blind by the way. A great signing so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

The only thing that annoys me about the McNair and Rojo partnership at the back is the amount of square passes between them. It's rare that Blind isn't in a position to take the ball from them. Better than hoofing it though I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭Fuhrer

I saw someone posting this somewhere else,

Valencia was obviously told to create space down the flanks for the attack and took his role quite literally

http://www.gfycat.com/LimpingCloseEskimodog

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

just say its the end of the season and we are about to enter the transfer market who/what needs to be siged to challenge on all front?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

just say its the end of the season and we are about to enter the transfer market who/what needs to be siged to challenge on all front?
    Are we going to war?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That actually made me realise how much of the game I don't see, even when I'm watching it.

Never noticed that Blind - Valencia cooperation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Just Say No.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭Glock Lesnar

Grid. wrote: »
    Seen a great suggestion for a new chant to the tune of ABBA’s ‘Mamma Mia’. Do you think it will catch on?

♪ Di Maria
    Here he goes again
    Angel, how can he assist you? ♫ ♩

:D

Surely any song about Di Maria should come from Blondies seminal belter 'Maria'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

I also love Blind by the way. A great signing so far

Love is Blind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I think Blind will prove to be our best signing this year and will become a legend

Love is Blind

If Love is blind, and Shrek is Love, that means that Shrek=Blind. But if, as opposition fans always say, Rooney=Shrek does that mean Rooney and Blind are the same player? I mean. Rooney didn't play Yday and Blind did.

1361942288_428857c8f1abcff5780ebf1424c57523.jpeg
    #Conspiracy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Another one! Good grief.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

yermandan wrote: »
    I think Blind will prove to be our best signing this year and will become a legend

fry_skeptical.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Pro. F wrote: »
    fry_skeptical.jpg

He's no Tom Cleverley that's for sure :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,402 ✭✭✭xtal191

Two bloody weeks for the next game, I wish international breaks would **** off!

nuxxx wrote: »
    He's no Tom Cleverley that's for sure :)

The stupid over the top criticism of Cleverley is probably related to the stupid overrating of Blind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

xtal191 wrote: »

I would agree mostly, but with players neatly back from injury a extra week is important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Pro. F wrote: »
    The stupid over the top criticism of Cleverley is probably related to the stupid overrating of Blind.

Blind has been very good for the most part. Really smart player. Everton noticeably pressurised him second half because of the impact he had first half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

this is one of the most needed international breaks in recent years with upwards of 10 lads out injured.

we have 15 days off and a chance to get perhaps 5 of those back in Smalling, Jones, Evans, Carrick and Herrera. Shaw hopefully isnt far off either.

just hope none of the 12 or so lads that do go away, get injured.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,196 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

McNair is gone for three weeks pulled hamstring.

McNair is gone for three weeks pulled hamstring.

Another one bites the dust..sigh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

anyone else feeling very optimistic about this season? 4th should really be our target but i fancy us to get 3rd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

You're not excited about the Ireland vs Gibraltar and England vs San Marino games?

Personally, I can't wait to watc....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Advertisement

Blind has been very good for the most part. Really smart player. Everton noticeably pressurised him second half because of the impact he had first half.

He was given acres of space in the first half and he did okay, nothing amazing. He was pressed in the second half and he was hopeless. He has been nothing like "very good" since his arrival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

anyone else feeling very optimistic about this season?

Nah, not at the moment anyway. There's still a fear running through the team, it's going to take some time to get things right and I expect a really tough battle for 4th.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Nah, not at the moment anyway. There's still a fear running through the team, it's going to take some time to get things right and I expect a really tough battle for 4th.
    i just think we are improving rapidly. january cannot come quick enough for strootman and a quality cb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Any chance of Anderson making a comeback against Chelsea and reigniting his rivalry with Fabregas..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Think people are jumping the gun a bit on blind, we will know where he is at after the next four games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Think people are jumping the gun a bit on blind, we will know where he is at after the next four games.

This

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

K4t wrote: »
    Any chance of Anderson making a comeback against Chelsea and reigniting his rivalry with Fabregas..

Any chance Anderson, Cleverley, Fletcher, Fellaini and Carrick leave the club, and we sign a few decent midfielders like Vidal, Khedira or Strootman ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Sure, but we don't have crystal balls so can only comment in what we have seen so far.
    He's done well for United , plus looked good in the World Cup and with Ajax

After the Moyes debacle, people are excited to see a midfielder run, or take a shot on goal

• Registered Users Posts: 5,924 ✭✭✭KH25

Blind looks like he could be a very good signing. There have been some great instances of play from him so far but just as many times when he didnt play that well. I think a lot of people are basing their view on him at the world cup. IMO he's an upgrade on what we have (bar maybe Carrick) but he hasn't played his best just yet. I think getting Carrick back will help a lot. I think they'd be a good partnership.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,346 ✭✭✭Quandary

people are excited to see a midfielder run, or take a shot on goal

Agreed

We have been so starved of midfielders in the last 7 years that anyone half decent will be lauded as the next Xavi. In fairness though, Blind has been a breath of fresh air so far. He can receive a ball while under pressure, is at the very least a decent passer, he tries to make himself available for the pass instead of running in the opposite direction, and he isn't afraid to throw himself around a bit. He also appears to have a great attitude and seems like a down to earth lad.

Im delighted with his start so far and am looking forward to seeing how he does against the big boys. As long as he has Herrera back in the middle with him, I think we will do ok in the midfield against the Cities and Chelseas.

Our central defense is another matter entirely though. Lets just hope the break helps get a few lads back to fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Hello Utd Fans,

Quick question...so I got married recently and the father in law (Utd fan) helped out a lot with the wedding; as a present for his help I was hoping to try and get tickets to a game. I'd imagine there would be a few going over (between 4 & 6)...

What would be the best way to try and get tickets? We might stay a night in Manchester as well but that's tbc...

Any & all help appreciated. Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,348 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

so we are jumping the gun after 3 games, but after 7 we can make a definitive judgement?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,862 ✭✭✭statto25

brevity wrote: »
    Hello Utd Fans,

Quick question...so I got married recently and the father in law (Utd fan) helped out a lot with the wedding; as a present for his help I was hoping to try and get tickets to a game. I'd imagine there would be a few going over (between 4 & 6)...

What would be the best way to try and get tickets? We might stay a night in Manchester as well but that's tbc...

You are probably better off asking the folks in the Tickets Forum
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=896
    There is a Man Utd specific thread there. They might be able to help you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭jonnyfingers

I see McNair has a hamstring injury. Officially a first team defender now! :D

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29487243

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

brevity wrote: »
    Hello Utd Fans,

any game in mind?

you wont get 4 or 6 together, but you may get 3, plus 2, plus 1 for example or 3 sets of 2.

i have 4 tickets together though we are using them for most games at the moment, perhaps apart from Stoke.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement