Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I, for one, would be in favour of Wilson starting ahead of RvP in the next match. Until Falcao comes back, I think he should be given a chance. Robin is way off, and doesn't look like regaining his form any time soon.

RVP is a pale shadow of his former self

Id put Rooney up front and let Di Maria play off him

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

For all the sh!te Smalling got in here after the City i'm delighted for him today - man of the match for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

irishfeen wrote: »
    For all the sh!te Smalling got in here after the City i'm delighted for him today - man of the match for me.

That's a ridiculous opinion, just plain wrong. He played ok today, nothing more.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Was poor in the first half when they carved us open a few times. Made some decent interceptions in the second half, but nowhere near MOTY candidate....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

kryogen wrote: »
    I genuinely couldn't be happier that Fellaini is proving the "he isn't good enough for Man United" brigade wrong more and more with each passing game, right now he is making himself a vital member of the team never mind squad.

I Once referred to him as a lanky lump with a dodgy afro when we signed him. Happy to say I'm starting to eat my words!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

De Gea and Fellaini <3

Montroseee wrote: »
    That's a ridiculous opinion, just plain wrong. He played ok today, nothing more.
    He was very good today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

The problem with him is consistency and fitness, he has it in him to be a super player, he has displayed what he can do already and was well on his way to establishing himself in the side.

He needs to put a run of good performances together and actually stay fit for a while!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Don't know how herrara will get back into the team. I prefer Fellaini. Far bigger and stronger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Oh no. I read it. I was sick and tired if reading the same ****e from you. I simply couldn't be arsed replying. Is that a problem?

Tbf your the only one peddling ****e, RVP was horrible today regardless of my thoughts on Welbeck who you brought up...again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

I genuinely couldn't be happier that Fellaini is proving the "he isn't good enough for Man United" brigade wrong more and more with each passing game, right now he is making himself a vital member of the team never mind squad.

As one of the aforementioned brigade, I'm delighted to be proven wrong game after game. He's becoming a big part of the team right now.

The problem with him is consistency and fitness, he has it in him to be a super player, he has displayed what he can do already and was well on his way to establishing himself in the side.

He needs to put a run of good performances together and actually stay fit for a while!
    Aye totally agree with this - he got an awful doing here after city which I thought was a massive overreaction.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Fair enough.

However he was very very poor last season, you can't deny that.
    Even given most of the squad played poorly last season.

He's got his mojo back though !

beno619 wrote: »
    Tbf your the only one peddling ****e, RVP was horrible today regardless of my thoughts on Welbeck who you brought up...again.

I don't want to talk about rvp. He wasn't great, not sure how this affects the group of Danny lovers in here.
    We are talking about Danny, who I will always bring up just to prove ye wrong.

He wanted to leave. Life moves on. Was selling Ronaldo a bigger mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Great result /poor performance!

Win is a win though!

Probably highlights how poor we were when DDG was our best player. Also our first shot on goal came in the 85th minute when Rooney put us 2 - 0.
    Rooney was outstanding, worked tirelessly and took his goal fantastically. Played a real captains part. Honorable mentions to the wing backs and Carrick/Fellani who worked hard and improved as the game went on.

Thought we defended decently, smalling especially was impressive.

RVP yet again was woeful how he is getting the team is beyond me. Di Maria was anonymous for the most part, miss at the end could have cost us. Decent pass for Rooneys goal however so not all bad.

All in all a good result, first away win of the season and with two home games coming up a chance to push on.

Have to remember that we have so many injuries and it forced us to play 3-5-2 again. So on that basis we did brilliantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

I notice Vidal isn't playing for Juve now.

With his injury record perhaps for the best he didn't come

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Don't know how herrara will get back into the team. I prefer Fellaini. Far bigger and stronger.

He adds something that we are lacking. He annoys teams with his height and physicality and that has proved useful so far. Van gaal has also tamed him a little from last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

He'd have fit right in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Is he injured or has he fallen out of favor?

Ha Graeme hates the fact we won

I love it :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I didn't think that Smalling was great today. For a big lad he seems to be physically bullied quite a lot and his positioning can be suspect. His pace is such an important get out of jail card though, as shown by his tackle on Welbeck.

Our right side needs serious work. So many problems started out that side today and Valencua just isn't the man for the job.

Drop RVP, Rooney up top with Di Maria behind him. Di Maria is far more of a threat infield and RVP looks like he might be done. Rooney hits purple patches and you need to nake the most out of them when he does.

Carrick was our best player today imo, so intelligent off the ball and keeps possession ticking over.

Delighted with the result but annoyed with the performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Souness isn't happy.

Have to say I though Arsenal were going to tear us a new one but thankfully they stayed true to form.

We really need to kick on and get maximum point from the next few games and fingers crossed a few players back from injury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Smalling has good defensive skill I think but is a liability with the ball at his feet. Central in a 3 man defense really suited him like it did Vlaar at the world cup.

Our right side needs serious work. So many problems started out that side today and Valencua just isn't the man for the job.

Val did well in all fairness, not really his fault he was exposed.

While RVP was rightfully taken of Herrera probably should have came on to offer a bit more protection on the right.

Ashley Young did alright too. I think he is better under LVG than under the previous two managers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Rooney needs to be pushed up top as rvp is not cutting it. Mata, herrera and di maria can all do a job as the number 10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RobertKK wrote: »
    Souness isn't happy.

I love the way Souness auto-corrects to sourness on my phone :pac:

beno619 wrote: »
    Val did well in all fairness, not really his fault he was exposed.

While RVP was rightfully taken of Herrera probably should have came on to offer a bit more protection on the right.

He is not bad out there, but not bad isn't good enough when he will inevitably play 33% of our games in that position due to Rafael being injured.

My big problem with Valencia is that he tucks un too much. We had a 5 man defence and they are still getting acres on the right to whip crosses in. He has so much pace that ge can afford to commit to pushing out a bit more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Not a great performance but a very very good win given the circumstances. Whole defense was injured. Our defense was Right winger, Reserve CB who was CM 18 months ago, Smalling, Reserve CB who was LB till this season and a winger as Shaw was injured.

Arsenal's finishing was really poor but with our injury crisis I would have gladly taken 1 point before the start of the game.

Smalling was very good, De Gea brilliant and Fellaini was good in the second half winning many tackles. Young did well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Great win.... We still look poor

Actually we look as bad as most teams in the PL

so unless we step it up I can see 4th spot as a revolving door each week

Hococop wrote: »
    Ha Graeme hates the fact we won

I love it :)

He's just hoping that we fall down the league so people have a new end of an era story that doesn't involve him causing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 55m55 minutes ago
    Robin van Persie completed just two passes vs. Arsenal today, one of which was from kick off in the first half.

That stat is horrendous.

The only pass I can remember is the one where he received the pass in the box, surrounded by 3 Arsenal players so he passed it back to Valencia and from there to De Gea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Squawka Football ‏@Squawka 55m55 minutes ago

That stat is horrendous.

The only pass I can remember is the one where he received the pass in the box, surrounded by 3 Arsenal players so he passed it back to Valencia and from there to De Gea.

We need to drop him. Play Rooney up front and Fellaini in behind with Herrera in midfield. Wilson would offer more atm as he at least has some pace about him.

Combined score from our matches against Chelsea, Man city and arsenal is 3-3.

Four points, pity Smalling happened v city, because otherwise it was much better than expected.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

And Mata can't get game time, RVP needs a kick up the hole so should be 'rested'

DM_7 wrote: »
    And Mata can't get game time, RVP needs a kick up the hole so should be 'rested'

He's being indulged big time, Hull or Stoke might be a decent time to "rest" him.

I love Van Gaals post match interviews, he is on MUTV right now, so frank and direct.

We have conceded 3 goals against man city Chelsea and arsenal. I don't think our defense is as 'leaky' as some suspect.

Inexperienced. Oh god yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Lets all laugh at Jack...

Snip. Try to avoid PL gifs please...

• Advertisement

How are we doing now then with the oul reliable Moyes v Van Gaal points total and league position?

Would it by any chance be a better league position but still a slightly worse points total? Don't think we hit top four at all last season, or got above sixth in fact!

Hopefully overtake the points total too so that pointless comparison one can go away for good also

Can you imagine if Fellaini did it

J. Marston wrote: »
    Lets all laugh at Jack...

How are we doing now then with the oul reliable Moyes v Van Gaal points total and league position?

Well Southampton are still out rivals, so I guess there is that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Just saw the result and league table

Excellent

Fellainis reaction to him is comical actually :)

Well Southampton are still out rivals, so I guess there is that?

Interested in how they do this season, guts ripped out over the summer but Koeman has a record which suggests he improves teams over a season, starting slower and finishing better.

I don't think they will hang in there at the business end for a top four place but interested to see if they can make a fist of it. I quite like Koeman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Yeah like a slight annoyance like dog poop on your runner. He did well not to react

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

Yeah, would be hilarious if Fellaini had a go at Wilshire. Wilshire looked like such an idiot. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

What a stupid thing for Wilshire to do, especially as the ref was so close.

Should fellaini have gone down after the headbutt?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement