Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The poxiest of 3 points we might have ever gotten... I thought we were absolute muck. Champions league is a must given how poor our rivals are.

The Fellaini love is great but I actually think he was only fair...was there a chant for him and all yesterday? How opinions have changed in such a short time. 'Proven International and premier league player comes good in second season' shocker.

Wilson again looked a great prospect I thought.

Decision to be made on rvp...van gaal can make it though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Grey skies are gonna clear up,

Put on a happy face!

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Yeah, I've said that at least twice already, it's just a personal opinion, I don't think it should be classed as violent or warrant a sending off but by the rules of the game it is and does.

Its rightly classed as violent. Its a horrible thing to do and I absolutely hate it. Its a pure posers/pretend hard man thing to do.

The ref pure bottled it 100%. Its a straight red all day everyday. Many a player would have hit the deck after it and the ref would have no choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭duffman13

ericzeking wrote: »

The Fellaini love is great but I actually think he was only fair...was there a chant for him and all yesterday?

Wilson again looked a great prospect I thought.

Decision to be made on rvp...van gaal can make it though.

How was Fellaini fair and Wilson looked a great prospect? Fellaini had a solid game your right but to say then Wilson looks a great prospect on yesterday's game? He didn't do much when he came on so I don't understand how he impressed you so much. Looks a great player in youth games yes, but still a long road to get to the top.

With RVP perhaps van Gaal has made his decision and is trying to play him back into form, with Falcao out at the moment I have no issue with this. If Falcao was fully fit then I'd expect something to change!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

beno619 wrote: »
    I'd agree, its a shame he was a late bloomer.

I only just learnt he is 30 years old, thought he was closer to 27. Ignore my squad player comment for us so :o Nice player for sure though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

duffman13 wrote: »
    In fairness there has been some hysterics in every superthread on here after a bad result. All fans are fickle and emotional! A couple of the lads on here have called for LVG to be sacked at one stage this season.
    I would love to see the correlation between the Moyes apologists and 'sack LVG' crowd also, to be fair. :p

What's even crazier with the Liverpool fans though is that whereas Moyes and LVG had/have no previous track record to fall back on at United, Rodgers got them from mid-table mediocrity to being closer to winning the league than they have been in nearly a quarter century, and until Gerrard "let it slip" (never gonna get old! :D ) with just 2 and a half matches left, they were top of the table. Now 12 games later and there are quite a few calling for his head on the match thread. Mental stuff.

I do think they should keep him away from transfers altogether mind, but despite their very poor start this season he is generally good with tactics and such.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

How was Fellaini fair and Wilson looked a great prospect? Fellaini had a solid game your right but to say then Wilson looks a great prospect on yesterday's game? He didn't do much when he came on so I don't understand how he impressed you so much. Looks a great player in youth games yes, but still a long road to get to the top.

With RVP perhaps van Gaal has made his decision and is trying to play him back into form, with Falcao out at the moment I have no issue with this. If Falcao was fully fit then I'd expect something to change!

The one thing that really stood out to me yesterday in Wilson's performance was hoofing the ball right back to Arsenal after they had equalised and we were looking very nervous... was not impressed. At all.

Not saying he isn't a great prospect or anything, but that was a potentially massive error than no Man Utd player should ever be doing in that situation, unless comfortably past the allotted amount of injury time.

Billy86 wrote: »
    I would love to see the correlation between the Moyes apologists and 'sack LVG' crowd also, to be fair. :p

What's even crazier with the Liverpool fans though is that whereas Moyes and LVG had/have no previous track record to fall back on at United, Rodgers got them from mid-table mediocrity to being closer to winning the league than they have been in nearly a quarter century, and until Gerrard "let it slip" (never gonna get old! :D ) with just 2 and a half matches left, they were top of the table. Now 12 games later and there are quite a few calling for his head on the match thread. Mental stuff.

I do think they should keep him away from transfers altogether mind, but despite their very poor start this season he is generally good with tactics and such.

Yeah but I think any of the match threads or superthread just need to be avoided for two days after to get a real reflection of what people are feeling. In relation to United I think there is a bit of correlation between Moyes apologists and the LVG out crew. I think there is also a lot fans that haven't adapted to the real reality of it's a long road back to the top and we finished 7th last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Spurs are losing to Hull, the league is really quite poor this year thank god. Hopefully we can start to put some distance between us and them/Pool. Although the way things are going maybe it'll be the likes of Newcastle, Everton and the Saints that challenge us and Arsenal for top 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

#rodgersin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

#rodgersin

#FootballGenius

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

He (Wilson) looked bright, pacy, willing to carry the ball, willing to work back. Again. Qualities I'd associate with a bright prospect, particularly being a teenager in a big game.

Yes he hoofed one ball to nowhere but I like to look at more than just individual instances.

Fellaini was grand...he did what he does to good effect but we all love him now, right? So he was excellent...
    I like Fellaini BTW and have defended him at times when most wanted him sold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The role LVG gave both Van Persie and Wilson yesterday is really really strange.

Any time Wilson has come on this season he has looked lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The cherry on the top of this weekend...

https://twitter.com/FALCAO/status/536561755724722176

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Manutd_4life

J. Marston wrote: »
    The cherry on the top of this weekend...

https://twitter.com/FALCAO/status/536561755724722176

Just when I thought it couldn't get better. Hopefully he stays fit and has a cracker of a season :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

Montroseee wrote:
    Spurs are losing to Hull, the league is really quite poor this year thank god. Hopefully we can start to put some distance between us and them/Pool. Although the way things are going maybe it'll be the likes of Newcastle, Everton and the Saints that challenge us and Arsenal for top 4.

Maybe the league is better, Hull are a decent side with a very solid spine.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

beno619 wrote: »
    Maybe the league is better, Hull are a decent side with a very solid spine.

Its something I've wondered.... a lot of "small" clubs got pretty decent players in this year and the overall quality, imo, has gone up. When you look at the fact ALL the top teams (bar Chelsea) are struggling a bit, while teams like Southampton, Newcastle and West Ham are zipping round the higher end of the table, you have to give some credit sometimes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Its something I've wondered.... a lot of "small" clubs got pretty decent players in this year and the overall quality, imo, has gone up. When you look at the fact ALL the top teams (bar Chelsea) are struggling a bit, while teams like Southampton, Newcastle and West Ham are zipping round the higher end of the table, you have to give some credit sometimes...

Spurs have just scored what could be the winner & suddenly they jump up the table and Liverpool drop another place.Bar Chelsea strolling it,the league is pretty interesting this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Toughest league in the world IMO. If you don't turn up in good form you will more than likely struggle, regardless of the opposition. There's just so much money in the league from top to bottom, the mind boggles when you look at some of the players and the teams they play for.

ericzeking wrote: »
    He (Wilson) looked bright, pacy, willing to carry the ball, willing to work back. Again. Qualities I'd associate with a bright prospect, particularly being a teenager in a big game.

Yes he hoofed one ball to nowhere but I like to look at more than just individual instances.

Fellaini was grand...he did what he does to good effect but we all love him now, right? So he was excellent...
    I like Fellaini BTW and have defended him at times when most wanted him sold.

I'm the opposite I was never a Fellaini fan but he's been active and involved more than any other united midfielder in these run of games. As for Wilson he was brought on, seemed to play on the wwig and ran around a lot, I didn't see much in the way of quality and as another poster said he did kind of look lost. Huge fan of his but we can't hype him up this season when he's done so little. I think a month or two on loan would be hugely beneficial to him once Falcao is fit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

Just when I thought it couldn't get better. Hopefully he stays fit and has a cracker of a season :D

LVG mentioned that Evans is likely to play for the reserves this week.

I wonder is it to early for Falcao to get some game time too

Do those who aren't coming back from injury, but not getting much game time, I.e. Herrera, Mata, Wilson etc. usually get game time with reserves to keep sharp ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Such an amateurish looking lineup graphic. I love it.

2e11ae2e68af45ac2ac4a2f5c790d315.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

#wearestayingup

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Given our injuries and indifferent start its amazing that we are actually fourth,would love to see us kick on now and starting playing well... Still on a high after yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

tumblr_lo3ny2jeyd1qf2lpz.gif?w=385&h=337

#wearestayingup

tumblr_mqsezrdo4e1rbj0weo1_500.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Really want to see a front three of Falcao, Rooney and Di Maria at some stage over the next couple of games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

A great weekend, today was satisfyng

I also know a few Pool fans who think Klopp is actually a possibility which is some icing on the cake

Falcao up top against Hull please

Oh these Rodgers quotes.

Karma is a beauty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Oh these Rodgers quotes.

Karma is a beauty.

One of the best young managers in the world can say what he likes tbf

• Advertisement

A few pints for the game turned into an 8 hour session.Missus wasn't best pleased.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Oh these Rodgers quotes.

Karma is a beauty.
    Ah yes they doing the rounds on twitter alright :D ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Laughin at Liverpool fans after all their gloatin last season. And at the heel of the hunt what had they to gloat about? Winning second?
    And now they're comin out with sh1te like united fans are obsessed with Liverpool when last season it was non stop lets take the piss of united. Cowboys Ted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It's only funny because they were so arrogant and cocky last season and pre season.

I'm already looking forward to next weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I can't wait until the 14th of December, the day we stuff them at Old Trafford :)

Oh what I would do for a good 4-0 trashing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Ah Karma - such a beautiful thing sometimes :)

B3JvzA2IIAA4nuR.jpg

10553377_754206001282964_8932352388761003195_n.jpg?oh=1010dc0dd6348479cd70e703e96b2b53&oe=5517FF93

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Moyes had a fairly decent start in fairness. It wasn't until December/January when it went pear shaped

zerks wrote: »
    10553377_754206001282964_8932352388761003195_n.jpg?oh=1010dc0dd6348479cd70e703e96b2b53&oe=5517FF93

Thats great :)

Did Piers have another twitter meltdown after this??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Thats great :)

Did Piers have another twitter meltdown after this??

Just his usual ranting and raving. He's such a twát

• Advertisement

Overall tone on the Pool thread is not a positive or promising one for Mr. Rodgers. If things keep going south over there, I'll look forward to the Paddy Power tweets which can't be far off at this stage.

Anyway, I'm not sure on the rules for directly posting links to gifs from yesterdays game, but over on the United subreddit there's a great gfycat of the incident where Wilshire tried to get himself killed by Fellaini. Referee Mike Dean absolutely shít the bed in not producing a red card. Wilshire went in with the head on Fellaini's neck/chin, not his face only because a cherry-picker would have been called for - not even 5 yards in front of Dean. Red card all day. Is it still in the rules that the F.A. can take retrospective action once a card wasn't issued by the ref?

I know that we can't exactly cry "shock! horror!" considering it was Fellaini who was on the receiving end and he's like Macho Man Randy Savage (R.I.P. brother) with that fúckin elbow of his, but each incident should be taken on its own merit and it appears Mike Dean either momentarily blacked out or crumbled under pressure at the Emirates.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

The FA have taken 5 steps back in teh battle to get rid of divers and cheats. Had Fellaini gone down, it would have been an instant red card.

He was a complete professional about it and Wilshire stayed on the field.

Lesson? Go down in a heap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I'm happy Fellaini didn't make a meal out of it tbh, would have been embarrassed for him and he actually would have come out of it looking like the clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Another terrible performance yesterday. Hopefully we sign a centre half in Janurary. Great to get the three points.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭CantonasCollar

It is at this time of year that I like to remind fellow football fans without children just how much easier they have it than the rest of us. I missed the game last night because we were at the local fireworks display / turning on of the Xmas tree lights. I had managed to schedule the kids trip to see Santa for 13 December so that I could go for a beer during the Liverpool match, only to be told today that we have been invited to a kids Xmas party on 14 December. Allegedly I must go because the folks who invited us came a long way (20 miles) to our 3 year olds birthday party 2 weeks ago, guess who won't be getting an invite next year!

So to all those without kids I wish you a merry football filled Xmas, because it appears I won't get to see 5 minutes of Utd before the New Year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

You should have pulled out

Of the fireworks display.

glued wrote: »
    Another terrible performance yesterday. Hopefully we sign a centre half in Janurary. Great to get the three points.

Not sure if your relating the 'bad performance' to our defence yesterday but if you are Chris Smalling says no. He had an excellent game and made up for his idiotic performance against city.
    To note both Blackett and McNair had great games along side him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Honest question, I see so many people talking about a terrible performance, and played **** and that kind of stuff, so my question is this

What exactly is expected performance wise given the constant injuries, the constant change of personnel, the total lack of a settled defence, the lack of a settled team in fact. The system keeps on being changed, due to circumstance mostly, and will be changed again when other players are available.

There is no consistency to the selection or the system, what kind of performance are people (who seem to be overly concerned by the disjointed performances right now) expecting taking all things into consideration right now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

It is at this time of year that I like to remind fellow football fans without children just how much easier they have it than the rest of us. I missed the game last night because we were at the local fireworks display / turning on of the Xmas tree lights. I had managed to schedule the kids trip to see Santa for 13 December so that I could go for a beer during the Liverpool match, only to be told today that we have been invited to a kids Xmas party on 14 December. Allegedly I must go because the folks who invited us came a long way (20 miles) to our 3 year olds birthday party 2 weeks ago, guess who won't be getting an invite next year!

So to all those without kids I wish you a merry football filled Xmas, because it appears I won't get to see 5 minutes of Utd before the New Year.

You've a lot to learn.....
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrYfJH6M_cezib48-x2KmL-6OHpsWLEMYignVhPGziN6QNImpQHGROq7wD

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The FA have taken 5 steps back in teh battle to get rid of divers and cheats. Had Fellaini gone down, it would have been an instant red card.

He was a complete professional about it and Wilshire stayed on the field.

Lesson? Go down in a heap.

10710904_754217294615168_7375841592593471682_n.jpg?oh=6d0451749a50c8c7fe06ccd8c018d7d3&oe=54DC7C4A

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement