Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Blatter wrote: »
    It looked like a probable tear of his ankle ligaments. Could be anywhere between a few weeks and a few months out depending on how bad the tear was.

Thought it was the top of the foot? Well, the face if you get me, i.e. metatarsal area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

It looked like he just fell on it funny, bit of ice and rest it for a week? He continued on which is a good thing.

Whats the story with Anderson? our favourite son. Does he even get into the match squad or play with the reserves?

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Ed The Equalizer

Trilla wrote: »
    hate the frequent use of that word - just saying

Agreed, but also hate the frequent use of that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

It looked like he just fell on it funny, bit of ice and rest it for a week? He continued on which is a good thing.

He might have done more damage because he continued.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Just on the sarcasm front.. on subtitles they use (!) Alot to show that the person talking is being sarcastic.. maybe ye could try that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Shaw went over on his ankle- ya could see it on the replay. Hopefully just stretched his ligament rather than a tear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Whats the story with Anderson? our favourite son. Does he even get into the match squad or play with the reserves?

Is he not on loan with Fiorentina?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

mewe wrote: »
    Shaw went over on his ankle- ya could see it on the replay. Hopefully just stretched his ligament rather than a tear.

I'd say it's just a sprain, should be 50/50 for the weekend.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

killwill wrote: »

That was last year no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

He's still with first team.. God knows why. Nobody wants him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Howard Webb defending wilshires headbutt. Said Mike dean can understand why he didn't book him!!

Absolute bollix.

Neville and carragher can't believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Howard Webb defending wilshires headbutt. Said Mike dean can understand why he didn't book him!!

Absolute bollix.

Neville and carragher can't believe it.

Agreed, fellaini did him a favour. If he goes down and starts Rolling around then it's a straight red. He shouldn't have a do that though for the referee to take action.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

Web talking absolute bollox there, won't admit that Dean ****ed up that Wilshere incident, Carragher was in disbelief with the **** he was coming out with, as was Neville towards the end. What's the point of him going on tv if he's just going to defend all his colleagues even when they had a stinker, just grow a pair and admit it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

On 6 August 2014, the Premier League announced that Webb had retired from active refereeing in order to take up the role of technical director of the Professional Game Match Officials Board.

Webb obviously isn't going to criticise his buddies. Being a Premier League ref must be one the most protected positions in the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Brendan Rodgers is a brilliant manager (!)

Brenda or davey m? They are both very similar.

Not sure who I would prefer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kryogen wrote: »
    Thought it was the top of the foot? Well, the face if you get me, i.e. metatarsal area?

I thought it was the ankle, open to correction though.

killwill wrote: »

Talk of him going on loan to Gremio in January with a view to them signing him, anyone can sign him at the end of the season anyway so make the most of our "midfield magician" while you can

Blatter wrote: »
    I thought it was the ankle, open to correction though.

Could have been, just how it looked to me at the time. I saw it first and thought he rolled his ankle, then on the replay I thought he came down on awkwardly and damaged his foot, knowing our luck its probably both actually now I think about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,345 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

kryogen wrote: »
    Talk of him going on loan to Gremio in January with a view to them signing him, anyone can sign him at the end of the season anyway so make the most of our "midfield magician" while you can

I heard he got offered a role as Norma out of Shameless, so he might stay in Manchester after all

• Advertisement

Southampton drawing tonight. Some order being restored hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I fully expect them to drop to 7th or 8th after the next 9 games, they have had a cushy run so far

Us twice, Arsenal twice, City, Chelsea and Everton coming up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Southampton drawing tonight. Some order being restored hopefully.

I expect the wheels to start coming off over the next couple of months.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I expect the wheels to start coming off over the next couple of months.

I spent most of last year thinking that about another team and it didn't happen :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I spent most of last year thinking that about another team and it didn't happen :pac:

It's happening now though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

It's happening now though :D

The wheels are already off..at this stage it's like a Flintstone's bus :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

That was different though, they were well tested by this stage last season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

Fair play to Southamption. I'd rather see them there than a lot of other teams.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭RGDATA!

Dayum wrote: »
    Fair play to Southamption. I'd rather see them there than a lot of other teams.

In their next 9 games Southampton play City, Arsenal home and away, United home and away, and Chelsea.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

RGDATA! wrote: »
    In their next 9 games Southampton play City, Arsenal home and away, United home and away, and Chelsea.

Irrelevant. They're second in November and they haven't spent next or near what teams are expected to when in the top four at any point in the season. Is anyone expecting them to destroy the Chelseas, Citys or United of this world? No, but we can appreciate what they've done having lost their best players.....apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Irrelevant. They're second in November and they haven't spent next or near what teams are expected to when in the top four at any point in the season. Is anyone expecting them to destroy the Chelseas, Citys or United of this world? No, but we can appreciate what they've done having lost their best players.....apparently.

How is it Irrelevant? They're ahead of United in the league

We can, while acknowledging they have had a soft schedule to this point. Like I said I am interested to see how they will finish up at the end of the season, Koeman is a solid manager who has his teams improve as the season goes on historically, I think they could be a realistic candidate for Europa League if they can keep fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

hate the frequent use of that word - just saying

I don't care tbph - just sayin.

Timmyctc wrote: »

Just saying, for Bantz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Irrelevant. Points are points. Their points per game should fall and the fixtures may affect ongoing form. They won't finish 2nd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Sunderland game on the 28th February, looks like I will be going to this or a later game but prefer this one.

Anyone more clued in than me able to advise a couple of things.

1) liklehood of it being moved
    2) Best travel method as in flights etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,845 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Timmyctc wrote: »

Use a more appropriate word next time okay

Use a more appropriate word next time okay

You might as well get upset at my use of gowl as well.

Who doesn't like a good gowl??

You might as well get upset at my use of gowl as well.

ok, I'm sorry for finding the use of "RETARDED" incorrectly offensive. Should I grow a thicker skin? Using that word to imply stupidity is awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Beats talking about a new injury.

Kinda

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Big Dave.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

ElChe32 wrote: »

Isn't that pretty much the same relationship we have with Antwerp? We sent the Chinese guy Dong there to get a work permit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

ok, I'm sorry for finding the use of "RETARDED" incorrectly offensive. Should I grow a thicker skin? Using that word to imply stupidity is awful.

Yes, you should grow a thicker skin.

ElChe32 wrote: »

I think something like this did the rounds before no? Not sure if it was Gent though

greendom wrote: »

?
    Yes, you should grow a thicker skin.

Its up there with the 'N' word for "coloured" (for want of a better word also!) people in my opinion, but I'll leave it at that. This isn't the place to be harping on about it.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

This isn't the place to be harping on about it.

Agreed. Drop it lads and back to United talk...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Agreed. Drop it lads and back to United talk...

If you insist ;)

B3NEWMOCcAAo1DJ.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Any injury updates lads? ..

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement