Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

irishfeen wrote: »
    Any injury updates lads? ..

Stubbed me toe on the coffee table last night whilst tweeting on my IPAD.

Still at me this morning but should be ok for 5-a-side on Thursday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Pulled my hammy doing keepy uppies in the back yard, doesn't look good lads. Probably out for Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Stubbed me toe on the coffee table last night whilst tweeting on my IPAD.

Still at me this morning but should be ok for 5-a-side on Thursday night.
    "IPAD" ... Jesus aren't you right fancy now. Far from iPads you....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

That Everton save, will live long in the memory for me. Unbelievable save

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,398 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trilla wrote: »
    I think something like this did the rounds before no? Not sure if it was Gent though

We had a deal in place with Royal Antwerp in Belgium for a while, that must have ended. Think we had something with FC Twente in Holland too, but not sure what is going on there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Big Dave.

Love this man so much. But why do people who make these videos insist on putting the awfullest music on it :P I read the title and was expecting Come Alive by Foo Fighters or something :pac:

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Love this man so much. But why do people who make these videos insist on putting the awfullest music on it :P I read the title and was expecting Come Alive by Foo Fighters or something :pac:

You're a mindreader!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭josip

Flights - €70.
    Stansted Express - €40.
    Presents in lieu of match ticket - €60.
    Sitting amongst the Arsenal supporters shouting "Come on Arsenal" while your team are 2 - 0 up; priceless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

For everything else there's Mastercard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Isn't that pretty much the same relationship we have with Antwerp? We sent the Chinese guy Dong there to get a work permit.

[Beavis impression ]Dong Huh huh [/]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

any of you believe that our current injury nightmare could be in part down to us having only one game a week, thus are training differently to the norm, more contact training, more instense training etc etc.

it seems that alot of the injuries we get, are taking place outside of match environment (Evans, Rojo out of current bunch excepted). in previous years, a week like this week we would have the game saturday evening, perhaps a light session sunday and monday and then travel off for a mid week game.

now we have the scenario where the players are probably training for 4 or 5 days in a row after games and its perhaps causing issues.

any of you believe that our current injury nightmare could be in part down to us having only one game a week, thus are training differently to the norm, more contact training, more instense training etc etc.

it seems that alot of the injuries we get, are taking place outside of match environment (Evans, Rojo out of current bunch excepted). in previous years, a week like this week we would have the game saturday evening, perhaps a light session sunday and monday and then travel off for a mid week game.

now we have the scenario where the players are probably training for 4 or 5 days in a row after games and its perhaps causing issues.

Tbh we always have injury crises. This year just takes the biscuit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

What I have noted is that Moyes was criticised repeatedly for his training methods and many injuries were blamed on that training, whereas LVG has escaped that accusation completely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

Sure they would have to play the match which would be more intense that training?
    Surely they would be fitter and stronger with more 'long' term fitness programe spread over more days rather than stop start?

What I have noted is that Moyes was criticised repeatedly for his training methods and many injuries were blamed on that training, whereas LVG has escaped that accusation completely.

Obviously because LVG isnt a dinosaur and his dinosaur tactics, he is foreign, English stereotype their own into thinking training is all about running head first into the ground, then use it as a stick to beat them with.

Look at the praise Rooney, Welbeck, sanchez get, because they run around a lot, then they beat Rooney and Welbeck because all they do is run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Because it is an accusation with 0 facts to back it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

I don't remember anyone blaming Moyes for injury's last year.

Also
    Ander Herrera and Jonny Evans set to play for Man Utd reserves against Blackburn tonight..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

RasTa wrote: »

Also

Moyes got a lot of stick for over doing it with the cardio and having our players knackered, dead on their feet and prone to injury.

LVG has escaped massive amounts of stick Moyes got but hey, he has us in fourth place now and who knows what else could happen.

The FA cup will be our UCL for the remainder of this season. It would be great to knock out City and beat Chelsea in the final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Is the assumption I'm detecting that the stick Moyes got was correct and people are foolishly failing to lambast van Gaal's training?

I don't know why I continue to be surprised by people.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Is the assumption I'm detecting that the stick Moyes got was correct and people are foolishly failing to lambast van Gaal's training?

Half right. We have a load of injuries this year, more than last year. Moyes got stick for injuring players, ala RVP. Fatigued players etc etc

Not so much of that in the media this time.

Maybe its not the style of training. Maybe the media see LVG as foreign and mysterious.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »

Also

Them 2 playing for the reserves? Ander being on the bench the last 4 games. His days are certainly numbered.

As for Evans, should have kept pique.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭MuPpItJoCkEy

Them 2 playing for the reserves? Ander being on the bench the last 4 games. His days are certainly numbered.

Anders was/is recovering from broken ribs. Tried to play with a protective vest and was taken off at half time because it wasn't happening.

When was Pique gonna play in first team when there was a fab partnership of Vidic and Rio?

Anders was/is recovering from broken ribs. Tried to play with a protective vest and was taken off at half time because it wasn't happening.

When was Pique gonna play in first team when there was a fab partnership of Vidic and Rio?

Sure Evans is only a championship defender, a clown, want nothing to do with him.

Yeah, well, why was he on the bench so.

(hint: Rewind about 2/3 pages, I forgot to add (!) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

professor_frink_sarcasm_detector-68030.gif

Forgive Gowl he forgot to use his (!) :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

keane2097 wrote: »

No, it isn't. I guess you will just have to continue being surprised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Moyes training and Van Gaals training are very different.

Also, impact injuries are nothing to do with training anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,141 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Not much can be done when a defender misses a month because of 'stiff legs'.

Jones, smallingz rafa and Evans have been injury prone for a number of years now, that's why it was foolish not to replace Rio and Vidic with a top class replacement.

I wouldn't be worried about Rojo (freak injury) and Blind (international duty)and Shaw, **** happens.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Herrera in the reserves tonight so I'd say he is only fully healthy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Hococop wrote: »
    Herrera in the reserves tonight so I'd say he is only fully healthy now

He's been an unused sub for the last month. I'd say he's in the reserves tonight to simply get some game time under his belt.

Blatter wrote: »
    He's been an unused sub for the last month. I'd say he's in the reserves tonight to simply get some game time under his belt.

He has been on the bench but I doubt he has been fully fit, he was rushed back and played with protective gear then he came off and hasn't been seen since (on the pitch)

Hopefully he comes through the game well and shows no signs of soreness in the ribs.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

kryogen wrote: »
    He has been on the bench but I doubt he has been fully fit, he was rushed back and played with protective gear then he came off and hasn't been seen since (on the pitch)

Hopefully he comes through the game well and shows no signs of soreness in the ribs.

I don't think LvG would have him on the bench for a month if he wasn't fit.

I think he's just competing with Fellaini for a place in the team and LvG hasn't felt he's had the opportunity to substitute/not start Fellaini since he's gotten into the side.

It's actually difficult to see Herrera get back in at the moment. I think he'll be brought on the next time we're very comfortable in a game. A lack of European football was always going to cause squad issues like this though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Herrera made it 2-0.

I think he's just competing with Fellaini for a place in the team and LvG hasn't felt he's had the opportunity to substitute/not start Fellaini since he's gotten into the side.

It's actually difficult to see Herrera get back in at the moment. I think he'll be brought on the next time we're very comfortable in a game. A lack of European football was always going to cause squad issues like this though.

Fully fit I said, other then that I have already said pretty much the same as you so no argument with the rest of the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Moyes got a lot of stick for over doing it with the cardio and having our players knackered, dead on their feet and prone to injury.

LVG has escaped massive amounts of stick Moyes got but hey, he has us in fourth place now and who knows what else could happen.

The FA cup will be our UCL for the remainder of this season. It would be great to knock out City and beat Chelsea in the final.

Many rumours surfaced from the camp about players being annoyed with training, even, even giggs wasn't happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I'm with you on this. I think LVG sees them as vying for the same position but right now he values Fellaini's physicality in a team lacking bite. Could be a while before Herrera gets a look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I'm with you on this. I think LVG sees them as vying for the same position but right now he values Fellaini's physicality in a team lacking bite. Could be a while before Herrera gets a look in.

I see this as a good thing. When was the last time we actually had midfielders competing for spots??

I just don't see what good can come of dropping Fellaini considering his performances, it would destroy him. Its unfortunate for Herrera but thats life, he will get his chance again.

3-0 Pereira.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

edgecutter wrote: »
    Many rumours surfaced from the camp about players being annoyed with training, even, even giggs wasn't happy.

'even Giggs'? You mean the Giggs who was part of Moyes' coaching staff and yet also part of the movement that got him sacked by many accounts and was clearly had eyes for the top job? Of course Giggs was one of those. Maybe if the players like RVP, Giggs, Rio etc. put the same effort in on matchday as they did undermining their manager they could have beaten the West Broms of the league at home.

• Advertisement

Liam O wrote: »
    'even Giggs'? You mean the Giggs who was part of Moyes' coaching staff and yet also part of the movement that got him sacked by many accounts and was clearly had eyes for the top job? Of course Giggs was one of those. Maybe if the players like RVP, Giggs, Rio etc. put the same effort in on matchday as they did undermining their manager they could have beaten the West Broms of the league at home.

This here's your problem see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Liam O wrote: »

The problem with that is that it doesn't make much sense. It asks us to believe that Giggs is far enough away with the fairies to think he would get the manager's job at one of the top 3 football clubs in the world with as much experience as the majority of barflies.

Then to further believe that, having succeeded in leading some sort of revolt against the manager, he decided that no, actually, he was happy enough to remain as assistant manager.

Meanwhile, we must suppose, LVG thought to himself "A mutineer who ousted the previous manager? Implicit in leading the team to its worst season in decades? Why that sounds like just the sort of fellow I'd like to have as my right hand man".

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Nani with a goal for Sporting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

It appears Nani is at it again for Lisbon. Will be interesting to see what happens to him end of season.

https://twitter.com/UtdReport/status/537341238241148928

Glitchy as **** but what can ya do

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Call him back in January. Seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Timmyctc wrote: »
    This here's your problem see.

I hate that phrase. It just screams bull****.

By all accounts.... It's re...... Something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

I questioned the Nani loan in September but its clear to see it was absolutely the right decision.

If LVG does fancy him he'll eventually return with game time and confidence that he wouldn't have gotten sitting on the bench making the odd 15 min appearance. If LVG doesn't fancy him we get a decent fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Giggsy11 wrote: »

What ****e defending. Not taking from the goal, but that's so embarrassing for professionals. Crap.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement