Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

J. Marston wrote: »
    Call him back in January. Seriously.

There is supposed to be no recall clause in the loan deal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

If we can do it then it would be ludicrous not to bring Nani back in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,139 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If we can do it then it would be ludicrous not to bring Nani back in January.

Bring him back and send Jacuzzi out there for 6 months.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

http://gfycat.com/MammothNauticalKouprey here is a non laggy gif of it. The defending was awful.

He looks in good form though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

What ****e defending. Not taking from the goal, but that's so embarrassing for professionals. Crap.

Kinda like Bayern Munich's defending. For ****eness obviously

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

15 years ago for those who were too bust watching their stories tonight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

An assist for Nani also tonight could really do with him back in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Just saw my first mutv commentary with Paddy Crerand on United v Arsenal. What a pain he is to listen to. Everything was a foul against United, he may have been correct the odd time, and every time Rooney so much as looked at an Arsenal player aĺl yer man could say was "steady Wayne" or something to that affect. Painful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Nani wasnt playing against anything special tonight, why do people want him back where is he gonna play? he wont get first team and he will go back to his usual self. Hes better off staying at a team where he can play first team football.

Nolars wrote: »
    Nani wasnt playing against anything special tonight, why do people want him back where is he gonna play? he wont get first team and he will go back to his usual self. Hes better off staying at a team where he can play first team football.
    huh? He'll play on the right. Who else is gonna play there??? Januzaj has done sweet FA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Yep, where would he fit in with Januzaj and Valencia in such blistering form. Definitely no need for an improvement on their output.

huh? He'll play on the right. Who else is gonna play there??? Januzaj has done sweet FA.

Ya a youngster isnt playing well better bring back Nani and play him instead?
    What big teams has Nani played well against? whats to show he can cut it back in the premier league?

Ya a youngster isnt playing well better bring back Nani and play him instead?
    What big teams has Nani played well against? whats to show he can cut it back in the premier league?

3 goals in 4 games in the CL. I'm sure there's a few assists there too. The only player to look like he gave a shìt against Swansea the first game. But it's fine. Januzaj did the business against the luminaries of Crystal Palace and West Brom. Oh wait...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Just saw my first mutv commentary with Paddy Crerand on United v Arsenal. What a pain he is to listen to. Everything was a foul against United, he may have been correct the odd time, and every time Rooney so much as looked at an Arsenal player aĺl yer man could say was "steady Wayne" or something to that affect. Painful!!

first? consider yourself lucky, listened to him every pre season for the last 5/6 years now, he's some pain alright

Liam O wrote: »
    3 goals in 4 games in the CL. I'm sure there's a few assists there too. The only player to look like he gave a shìt against Swansea the first game. But it's fine. Januzaj did the business against the luminaries of Crystal Palace and West Brom. Oh wait...

You cant just say oh he scored 3 goals in 4 champions league games, most of the opposition in the group stages isn't even at premiership level. We are better off to sell him for a decent fee and put the money towards someone like Reus, Nani had his chance at utd.

You cant just say oh he scored 3 goals in 4 champions league games, most of the opposition in the group stages isn't even at premiership level. We are better off to sell him for a decent fee and put the money towards someone like Reus, Nani had his chance at utd.

Chelsea and Schalke aren't Premier League level at all.

Also, Reus just got injured once again until January.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Goal reporting Marcos Rojo has returned to training today ... any sca on that?

Chelsea and Schalke aren't Premier League level at all.

Also, Reus just got injured once again until January.

Schalke are miles behind Dortmund never mind Bayern. Who has he scored against in portugal, Gil Vicente & Penafiel . Also he didnt score against Chelsea or do anything?

Lads Nani has had his chance at United and ultimately failed. Promised a lot but when push came to shove produced very little.
    No point really to bring him back unless we have more injuries. As much as it pains me to say it in the games against the top teams I'd prefer Valencia in the team ahead of nani.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

I'd rather put a packet of crisps in Nani's position.

Would do a better job.

Schalke are miles behind Dortmund never mind Bayern. Who has he scored against in portugal, Gil Vicente & Penafiel . Also he didnt score against Chelsea or do anything?

Dortmund are 3rd last in the Bundesliga atm, I wouldn't say they're miles ahead of anyone in the current state. They've the quality but aren't doing much with it. He's scored twice against Schalke, who are an okay team, certainly premier league level. Not sure why it matters who he scored against in Portugal, he's doing better in a higher level competition.

Dortmund are 3rd last in the Bundesliga atm, I wouldn't say they're miles ahead of anyone in the current state. They've the quality but aren't doing much with it. He's scored twice against Schalke, who are an okay team, certainly premier league level. Not sure why it matters who he scored against in Portugal, he's doing better in a higher level competition.

So the argument you are making is he has scored 2 goals against an okay team in the champions league and we should bring him back and he will be a re-born Ronaldo. ;)

Actually, if you look at the Bundesliga table you might find a slight discrepancy between Schalke and Dortmund. Did you watch the Chelsea-Lisbon game to see if he did nothing? He was recently voted the best player in the Portuguese league if I'm not mistaken, but he must only be doing ok...

Actually, if you look at the Bundesliga table you might find a slight discrepancy between Schalke and Dortmund. Did you watch the Chelsea-Lisbon game to see if he did nothing? He was recently voted the best player in the Portuguese league if I'm not mistaken, but he must only be doing ok...

Ah will ya stop the Portuguese league is not even in the top 5 leagues.

So the argument you are making is he has scored 2 goals against an okay team in the champions league and we should bring him back and he will be a re-born Ronaldo. ;)

When did I say he was a reborn Ronaldo? he'll certainly offer more than anyone on the right side of our midfield atm. But make up things to suit your opinion ;)

• Advertisement

Lads Nani has had his chance at United and ultimately failed. Promised a lot but when push came to shove produced very little.
    No point really to bring him back unless we have more injuries. As much as it pains me to say it in the games against the top teams I'd prefer Valencia in the team ahead of nani.

He's played 23 league games the past 2 seasons at United. Constantly returning from injury or not match fit. The last time he played a full season him and Rooney were only behind Walcott and RVP as the best partnership in the league output wise and unlike Walcott and RVP actually won a trophy or 2. Valencia is a shell of a footballer atm and has been for years. Baffling to say he'd be better there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Crerand is the main reason I ended my MUTV subscription.

Dayum wrote: »
    I'd rather put a packet of crisps in Nani's position.

Would do a better job.

How would you feel about putting Jonny Evans there for a few games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Call me an idiot, but I'd love to see Nani given a chance under van Gaal.
    It may be blind faith, and I've always been a fan, but I reckon he could still do a really good job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Dayum

kryogen wrote: »
    How would you feel about putting Jonny Evans there for a few games?

Evans is as useful as a chocolate teapot. The only area of Old Trafford he should be is in the stands having paid for a ticket.

• Advertisement

He's played 23 league games the past 2 seasons at United. Constantly returning from injury or not match fit. The last time he played a full season him

So what's your point?
    This sums him up perfectly.
    He's had 7 years at United, think it's time for someone else.

How many league games did he start in one season?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Dayum wrote: »
    Evans is as useful as a chocolate teapot. The only area of Old Trafford he should be is in the stands having paid for a ticket.

So in your head the hierarchy goes

Packet of Crips

Nani

Evans/Chocolate Tea Pot

Yes?

Superb, I wish to learn more of your thoughts on players and their ability compared to other objects?

Would you say Rooney is akin to a box of chocolates or a banana or something?

Would Nani be the best player in Rotherham? For that matter, how would Evans rank amongst that squad? Would he be one of the better players? You mentioned it as a place for him to go and play, does that mean the rest of that squad are about as useful as a chocolate tea pot? How about that entire division?

If they are as useful as chocolate teapots what would you call people in worse division?

Oh, one thing I forgot from earlier, do you not think that Nani has an advantage over a bag of crisps simply by having legs and feet?

You certainly couldn't bring a chocolate tea pot on a summer tour of the USA now I think of it, the thing would melt sure!

So what's your point?
    This sums him up perfectly.
    He's had 7 years at United, think it's time for someone else.

How many league games did he start in one season?

10/11 - 31 starts 2 subs 9 goals 14 assists

I assume you mean whats the most he started?

10/11 - 31 starts 2 subs 9 goals 14 assists

An unmitigated disaster so it was.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,875 ✭✭✭ShoulderChip

You certainly couldn't bring a chocolate tea pot on a summer tour of the USA now I think of it, the thing would melt sure!

I dont think he means chocolate the candy but chocolate the color.

I dont think he means chocolate the candy but chocolate the color.

I dunno, it seems to me like he meant it in the kerryman joke kind of way, you know, inflatable dart boards, underwater hairdryers and the like.....

He may have meant the colour brown, at a stretch, but why would the colour be relevant when talking about the footballing ability of a teapot?

Bit racist no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Jaysus lads. He obviously didn't mean the color.

"Evans is as useful as a chocolate teapot" Firstly Evans is white, secondly a chocolate teapot is useless as it will melt with boiling water in it. "Dats the Joke".jpg

There was nothing about skin tone in it. Its one slow news day around here.

Stop oppressing teapots. We don't want a Ferguson situation on our hands.

I see you agree with my assessment that it had nothing to do with colour.

This pleases me.

"Evans is as useful as a chocolate teapot" Firstly Evans is white, secondly a chocolate teapot is useless as it will melt with boiling water in it. "Dats the Joke".jpg.

I can't believe you thought you even had to explain that.

That's the joke.... Indeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭SScope

OK so Evans is made like fine China??? And Nani burst out of a paper bag but tinfoil wrapping is his kryptonite???

I'm a bit confused, does that make Anderson lard?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

The nonsense posted about Nani is unreal. When given run of games he plays well, always makes his mark in the game. Shame he was injured a lot and fell out of favor with manager last season.

I for one can't wait to see him back in United shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Nani will never play another league game for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Love see Nani come back.

The slack he got down the years of was never totally justified and he was a scapegoat when he did not deserve it.

Frustrating? Yes at times, like any winger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

a front 4 of the following would be delicious.

Nani
    Di Maria
    Rooney
    Falcao

2 from Fellaini, Carrick, Herrera and Blind behind them.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭SpuddMurphy

I don't think Nani will ever play for us again, he's just not consistent enough and so injury prone. He can play well all he wants for Sporting but if he's not doing it for us, which I can't see him doing if he comes back, I'd rather him just leave instead of this hope he'll one day be consistent. I'd love to be proven wrong though

Doesn't anybody remember Nani taking corners or putting in crosses?
    9 times out of ten it meets the first defender.

I think it's a bit of over excitement here because he's found a purple patch in the CL.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

I can't believe you thought you even had to explain that.

That's the joke.... Indeed.

I can't believe someone actually doubted and misunderstood a basic chocolate teapot reference for anything other than a joke, especially thinking it was a color thing but there you go. It happened on this very thread page.

The superthread never ceases to turn up some gems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Doesn't anybody remember Nani taking corners or putting in crosses?
    9 times out of ten it meets the first defender.

I think it's a bit of over excitement here because he's found a purple patch in the CL.

Its not over excitement, a lot of people on here regularly pointed out that if Nani was actually given a run in the team he would produce, but we did not give him that run of games. Now he is getting a run of games elsewhere, and lo and behold he is producing. Imagine that.

Your point regarding corners is amusing considering the discussions that took place here very recently concerning Di Maria's corners.

Its not over excitement, a lot of people on here regularly pointed out that if Nani was actually given a run in the team he would produce, but we did not give him that run of games. Now he is getting a run of games elsewhere, and lo and behold he is producing. Imagine that.

Your point regarding corners is amusing considering the discussions that took place here very recently concerning Di Maria's corners.

He's been at Utd since 2007.
    One game he's scores a magical goal and all is forgotten.
    The next he makes you want to tear your hair out because he choses the wrong option continuously.

Also, why is this point amusing? I have openly mentioned my discontent at Di Marias poor delivery from corner kicks on more than one occasion in the last month.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I don't think Nani will ever play for us again, he's just not consistent enough and so injury prone. He can play well all he wants for Sporting but if he's not doing it for us, which I can't see him doing if he comes back, I'd rather him just leave instead of this hope he'll one day be consistent. I'd love to be proven wrong though

Tell me what wingers you would consider consistent because i can't think of many great wingers that are consistent and not frustrating.

One of the best wingers in the world is Ribery and he is frustrating as anything but he scores and creates like Nani.

A trait of a good winger is trying to make things happen by taking people on which fails more often than it succeeds for even the best wingers. If a winger is not frustrating he is not doing his job imo because he is not trying to make things happen.

What i find bizarre is people saying we don't need him back because we have Janjuaz. He has been awful all season he has taken the wrong option far too often. His crossing is shameful he doesn't seem to have the power to get the ball off the ground when crossing. At least if Nani plays as much as he will want to tear your hair out at times he will still create one or two chances a game that our wingers right now are not doing.

It would be madness not to get him back we are certainly lacking in creativity which he will bring.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement