Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - See Mod Warning in OP, 09/11

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

We'll get one more contract out of DDG. He's ridiculously young in goalkeeping terms and is starting to get gametime in the Spanish team so he won't be itching for a move imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Vermealan out for the best of the season. Bullet dodged there....

Boggles the mind how there was a fight for his signature

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

irishfeen wrote: »
    Yep..

21esz6x.jpg

Just not in Ireland/UK :mad: ... but where there is a will there is a way :)

Get the canoe out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

While I think you're right on the Rooney thing you have to acknowledge that when arguing a point you give less credit to counterpoints than most relative to the rest of your posts. This might be because you feel you've already considered it but it can come across as argumentative or arrogant.

This is despite that fact I generally agree btw.

I do acknowledge that I can be abrasive and dismissive when arguing, however I only do that when I'm responding to somebody who is arguing dishonestly (moving the goalposts, building straw men, soap boxing, etc) or when they're saying something crazy troll/rereg stuff. I don't see the need to beat about the bush in those situations and I think I'm perfectly polite and fair the rest of the time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

kryogen wrote: »
    I know nothing of his thinking :)

I think the simplest way I can describe what I am saying is that to me he is a similar style of player to Patrick Viera, he is defensively sound of course, and reads the game well, but he is also technically quite good and carries the ball well, he rarely loses it and uses his body and commanding presence very well.

He has a good first touch and a nice burst of pace, his positioning is a strength and he presses opponents very well and I feel he will go on to be so much more then just a shield for the defence. He is becoming more comfortable venturing forward while not becoming a liability to his team by leaving them unbalanced

there isn't a big difference between the role both him and Blind play now, Carvalho gets forward more but that's more down to having more in his locker than Blind in that department, if Blind could go on a maurading run forward I'm sure he would. One of the best things I've seen about Carvalho is his cleaning up ability, to break up the play then launch a quick counter attack

I'm sure if Arsenal got him they would play him in the deepest position where Arteta usually occupies

All you need is an understanding like they have at Sporting that when one goes forward the other has to be more conservative. A midfield pairing of Carvalho and Strooman would be interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

A midfield pairing of Carvalho and Strooman would be interesting

15159.jpg

Telegraph reporting that Shaw may be out until January. Ah well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I can't actually remember the last time we went a week without a new injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Don't jinx it now Kew!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,889 ✭✭✭✭The Moldy Gowl

I can't actually remember the last time we went a week without a new injury.

The first international break??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

The first international break??

Surely somebody was injured that week just have to been :)

Not the worst tbh, sounds further away than it is. Missing the Christmas period is a big blow however.

If he wasn't the worst signing of all time of course.

Surely somebody was injured that week just have to been :)
    There was injuries alright but no new ones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

Times saying Saidy Janko might be in the squad for Hull.

Times saying Saidy Janko might be in the squad for Hull.

Good, need someone to make use of Valencia's passing :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

At least Rojo is back in training. It should be him to replace Shaw over the Christmas period.

So that's all of our summer signings apart from ADM that have suffered lengthy injury lay offs. Bad luck central.

No word on Blind yet. Presuming we get an update on him from LVG tomorrow.

So that's all of our summer signings apart from ADM that have suffered lengthy injury lay offs. Bad luck central.

Probably be similar enough to Shaw I'd say, they looked like similar injuries and LVG said it wasn't too bad, probably means 6-8 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Ya know I was reading this thinking yer man's lost it - what in seven hells is an attacking defensive midfielder?
    And why doesn't he just use his name ffs...

Anyway, we've established I'm a thick. Carry on. :rolleyes:

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Ya know I was reading this thinking yer man's lost it - what in seven hells is an attacking defensive midfielder?
    And why doesn't he just use his name ffs...

Anyway, we've established I'm a thick. Carry on. :rolleyes:

Internet forums are the home of acronyms. ADM plays AM/LW for MUFC under LVG

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

RVP linked with move to Inter, reported in Telegraph.

Won't be sad to see him go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Giggsy11 wrote: »

If we can get Vidic and a bit of coin in return, that'd be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Nailz wrote: »
    If we can get Vidic and a bit of coin in return, that'd be great.

We should wait to see if Falcao is a full time crock or not before we consider selling RVP.

Rumor has it LVG will shelve RVP in favor of Falcao or Wilson the weekend. Should be interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

We should wait to see if Falcao is a full time crock or not before we consider selling RVP.

Rumor has it LVG will shelve RVP in favor of Falcao or Wilson the weekend. Should be interesting.

Shelve him for Rooney and get Mata on the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Shelve him for Rooney and get Mata on the pitch.

i dont see any reason not to have rooney up top with rvp/falcao/wilson mata in behiond and switch back to the 442 diamond think it could work well again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Internet forums are the home of acronyms. ADM plays AM/LW for MUFC under LVG

FYI I always considered ADM more of a ACMF than a AM and IIRC his best days at RM was in that VIP role.

Sure the ABU's will attack LVG for using ADM LW but let them sing YNWA, COYG and KTBFFH as we climb up the BPL.

SAF had CR7 develop in a similar way and everyone from the BBC to RTE can see he is now the GOAT and usually MOTM.

Its not the USMNT we are talking about here and we are not playing ADM in the COC so lets all relax. After all GGMU ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

FYI I always considered ADM more of a ACMF than a AM and IIRC his best days at RM was in that VIP role.

Sure the ABU's will attack LVG for using ADM LW but let them sing YNWA, COYG and KTBFFH as we climb up the BPL.

SAF had CR7 develop in a similar way and everyone from the BBC to RTE can see he is now the GOAT and usually MOTM.

Its not the USMNT we are talking about here and we are not playing ADM in the COC so lets all relax. After all GGMU ;)

Please stop:mad: FFS:pac:

What about TC23?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Been somewhat AWOL lately, and a bit late to this converstion, but on the previous pages there was some good stuff re: Rooney and his positioning.

I'll just really enver understand the benefit of playing Rooney out of position. Regardless of his ability or sacrifice, you are taking one of the best strikers in World football and throwing him around in different places.

A lot of people feel frustration with Rooney, and most of it I believe is that he never reached the heights that most assumed he would. Pro.F long converted me to the belief and understanding that Rooney has one of the best goalscoring records in Europe, and from that, I believe a lot of the grief that goes Rooney's way should go towards Ferguson.

Rooney somewhat deserves praise, as he never really had a coniption at being played out of position.

At present, I'd be dropping RVP, playing Rooney up front and Mata in behind. Rooney would be the first name on my teamsheet, and he'd be playing as a striker. Anyone else needs to jossle for his place, or a second striker place.

Playing him at 10, in CM or out wide, is this obsurb managerial thought of how best to fit in other players, when the only concern should be first off having Rooney in HIS position, where he can be devastating.

In RVP's current form, if Rooney isn't moved up top with Mata in behind, I'd be assuming Mata is on his way this summer. Which would be a shocking waste of talent and money.

• Advertisement

On current form no, I probably wouldn't.

But the impact he had on his debut season was simply put remarkable. Can't help but feel his playacting and unproffesional behaviour last season completely back fired on him, upon realising he couldn't just flick a switch and turn the quality and high performance levels back on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Where did I leave that enigma machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What about TC23?

He forgot about the POTM award.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Hopefully Falcao is back for tomorrow, maybe start with Rooney and Wilson up front and then ease Falcao back, bring him on around the hour mark. We will end up getting caught out if we keep using RVP as a passenger even though he has popped up to get a vital goal here and there.
    Carrick, Fellaini, Di Maria and Mata for the midfield. Sub to be used: Herrera.
    Defense, well, McNair and Smalling in central defense, then sub Smalling maybe for Evans to ease him back in.
    I wonder if he would have Carrick dropping back and use Young and Valencia as wing backs in a sort of fluid set up?

Ashley Young played well in the last game in my opinion, and am I right or wrong that Rafael will not be back for tomorrow?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

LVG: Falcao and Rojo may be back in squad for Hull. Shaw out for a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

@DTguardian 14m14 minutes ago
    Still getting used to Van Gaal's ways. "Morning," we said today. He stared back. "Morning has passed." (It was 11.56am).

:D

Paper quotes embargoed until 10pm, ****ing hate that. The United twitter acc gives pretty rubbish quotes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭nicklauski

TheDoc wrote: »
    Paper quotes embargoed until 10pm, ****ing hate that. The United twitter acc gives pretty rubbish quotes.

And LVG called them out over it as well :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hull are well organised but we still have far too much talent not to be scoring a few against them

Hopefully RVP is benched, Rooney up front with Mata behind

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,592 ✭✭✭tossy

Hull are well organised but we still have far too much talent not to be scoring a few against them

Hopefully RVP is benched, Rooney up front with Mata behind

Their last 3 premier league results would say otherwise, this is a match we need to win and win well with a good performance, no more of this 1 step forward 2 steps back nonsense - time to press on.

LVG please play Rooney and AN other up front and Mata back in his natural position, the fact Rooney was sent out to man mark Arteta last week has been kind of lost in the hysteria of the win, what a class A joke having 1 of our 2 most dangerous players mark the slowest midfielder on the park, not to mention the fact Arteta hasn't had a decent positive influence on an Arsenal result in a long time, wasn't best pleased LVG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,006 ✭✭✭beno619

tossy wrote: »
    Their last 3 premier league results would say otherwise, this is a match we need to win and win well with a good performance, no more of this 1 step forward 2 steps back nonsense - time to press on.

They were quite comfortable against spurs until they went a man down, I would go along with the statement that there an organised side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Falcao & Rojo could be back in squad for Hull Game, nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Ah young Rojo, the first footballer to win his way into my heart by spectacularly ejecting a limb from its socket for the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭kstand

A good comprehensive win tomorrow required - don't expect us to go and spank anyone but a good 2 or 3-0 win should be expected here.
    I think we are still some way short of a team that can go out and spank someone 5-0 - but we should be able to win this game comfortably tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Looking at the MUTV press conference and the show in general, the players look to be really enjoying the training.

Great to have Rojo back, and of course we all want to see Falcao.

Feeling very positive about this season. We have a lot of good options, just get back the injured defenders and we should be really flying.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Reports that Valdes has now left United and headed to Spain to continue his rehabilitation, and won't be signing a contract....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Reports that Valdes has now left United and headed to Spain to continue his rehabilitation, and won't be signing a contract....

Kind of happy, could not see where he would fit in unless giving actual game time. And as good as he is De Gea is our man for the future hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Kind of happy, could not see where he would fit in unless giving actual game time. And as good as he is De Gea is our man for the future hopefully.

+1. And, to be fair, Lindegaard has looked competent when he has come into the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

LVG's rant at the Utd Twitter team is gas! Gotta love the man! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

RVP is just lacking confidence in my opinion, he isn't passed it, he will come good this season, he scored the goal of the World Cup for goodness sake, he isn't passed it, once he get's back to scoring ways he will come good again, of that I am sure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement